Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > I beat the 70-216 Exam & picked up my MCSA!

I beat the 70-216 Exam & picked up my MCSA!

Paul

I just passed the 70-216 exam this afternoon...YES!

I took the exam in Prometric Centre in London, UK.

The look & feel of the exam had changed from the other
exams I took at this same center (70-210,215,21, So I
guess MS have updated some of their examinations - anyone
know anything about this?

There were 60 questions, with 135 mins to complete the
exam. I run out of time at around question 50. At the
point where I only had 5 minutes left, I just went click
crazy and answered as many question without too much
reading of the scenario - my thinking being that if I
didn't answer I wouldn't score, so by randomly selecting
answers, I may at least pick up one or two more points!

There was no scores or section scores on this exam - just
the plain old pass or fail - thankfully mine was the
former.

As to the content of the exam:-
DNS, DHCP, RRAS, routing & Certifacte services where the
dominant part of the exam.

To a lesser extent WINS, Subnetting

Good luck to anyone else taking this exam and be
encouraged that even though I ran out of time, randomly
answered some of the questions in the last few minutes,
and some of the certifacte questions where real stinkers,
I still managed to pass.

MCSE World

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

news:008c01c3b5d2$2a064740$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just passed the 70-216 exam this afternoon...YES!
>
> I took the exam in Prometric Centre in London, UK.
>
> The look & feel of the exam had changed from the other
> exams I took at this same center (70-210,215,21, So I
> guess MS have updated some of their examinations - anyone
> know anything about this?
>
> There were 60 questions, with 135 mins to complete the
> exam. I run out of time at around question 50. At the
> point where I only had 5 minutes left, I just went click
> crazy and answered as many question without too much
> reading of the scenario - my thinking being that if I
> didn't answer I wouldn't score, so by randomly selecting
> answers, I may at least pick up one or two more points!
>
> There was no scores or section scores on this exam - just
> the plain old pass or fail - thankfully mine was the
> former.
>
> As to the content of the exam:-
> DNS, DHCP, RRAS, routing & Certifacte services where the
> dominant part of the exam.
>
> To a lesser extent WINS, Subnetting
>
> Good luck to anyone else taking this exam and be
> encouraged that even though I ran out of time, randomly
> answered some of the questions in the last few minutes,
> and some of the certifacte questions where real stinkers,
> I still managed to pass.

Steve

Well Done,

How long did you study for the exam and what material did you use. I'm
currently revising for it and it really is stretching the grey cells.

Again well done!

Steve

"MCSE World" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> CONGRATULATIONS!!!
>
> Best,
> Will
> www.mcseworld.com

> news:008c01c3b5d2$2a064740$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just passed the 70-216 exam this afternoon...YES!
> >
> > I took the exam in Prometric Centre in London, UK.
> >
> > The look & feel of the exam had changed from the other
> > exams I took at this same center (70-210,215,21, So I
> > guess MS have updated some of their examinations - anyone
> > know anything about this?
> >
> > There were 60 questions, with 135 mins to complete the
> > exam. I run out of time at around question 50. At the
> > point where I only had 5 minutes left, I just went click
> > crazy and answered as many question without too much
> > reading of the scenario - my thinking being that if I
> > didn't answer I wouldn't score, so by randomly selecting
> > answers, I may at least pick up one or two more points!
> >
> > There was no scores or section scores on this exam - just
> > the plain old pass or fail - thankfully mine was the
> > former.
> >
> > As to the content of the exam:-
> > DNS, DHCP, RRAS, routing & Certifacte services where the
> > dominant part of the exam.
> >
> > To a lesser extent WINS, Subnetting
> >
> > Good luck to anyone else taking this exam and be
> > encouraged that even though I ran out of time, randomly
> > answered some of the questions in the last few minutes,
> > and some of the certifacte questions where real stinkers,
> > I still managed to pass.

Paul

Steve

I used Windows 2000 Network Admin by Thomas Shinder &
Debra Shinder (Osborne Press), Exam Cram2, plus the
Transcender.

Before taking this test I took the 70-218 which does have
some overlap with 70-216. I guess I studied full time for
around a month (currently between jobs at the moment).

Like most people this was the first exam I was worried
about as I had seen many people post on this NG about it.

It is a hard exam, however, if you read your books, can
setup up a test lab at home with 2 or 3 PC's and have some
real life experience of networking you should be just fine.

Good luck with your exam when you take it.

wrote in message
news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> CONGRATULATIONS!!!
>>
>> Best,