Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help with news groups

help with news groups

esrc2006

Hi, im relatively new, month old to be exact and id like some direction about Bin services how to retrieve multiple files at once, basically a web site that explains it all
your replys will be appriecated
CrSe<>2000

richard

"esrc2006" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, im relatively new, month old to be exact and id like some direction
> about Bin services how to retrieve multiple files at once, basically a web
> site that explains it all
> your replys will be appriecated
> CrSe<>2000

First of all, try something like "40tude dialog" for a better newsreader.

You'll need to learn about "Combine and decode" for starters.
Obtain a couple of "splitter" programs for joining other styles of split
files.
you'll need winrar for files posted in the "rar" extension.

One of the best all purpose newsreaders for binaries is www.newsbin.com
It combines and joins files on the fly if it has all the parts.

"mastersplitter" www.tomasoft.com
Splits large files into chunks for better handling by the servers.
These files generally appear in the format of moviename.mpg.001
The drawback is, we don't know how many files make a whole and without part
001, you get nothing.
While part 001 can be downloaded and viewed as a completed file.

Then that's only the beginning. Next you'll need a handfull of players to
handle all the types of files.

When you have a question about a file type, or a codec, ask in the group the
file was posted.

Enjoy usenet.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> First of all, try something like "40tude dialog" for a better
> newsreader.

If you would use it yourself, you would know ...

> You'll need to learn about "Combine and decode" for starters.

....that Dialog has no "Combine and Decode" like Outhouse Distress. It
does it automatically, presenting you with only one header line for all
the multi-parts of the post. Click once and get entire file.

--
-bts

Freezer

If I don't respond to this esrc2006 post, the terrorists win.

> Hi, im relatively new, month old to be exact and id like some
> direction about Bin services how to retrieve multiple files at
> once, basically a web site that explains it all your replys
> will be appriecated CrSe<>2000

A good binary robot will do most of the work for you. (Xnews is
excellent for beginners. I'd recommend Newsbot for power users.)

To decode and assemble most large files, you'll need several
applications.

- Winrar is the best app for handling RAR files. But if you want
to go Freeware, I recommend 7Zip.

- For assembling files manually split, you'll want HJSplit.

- And for using the PAR backup/repair files, go with QuickPar.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just go here:
http://www.slyck.com/ng.php

--
My name is:
____ _

sittingduck

esrc2006 wrote:

> Hi, im relatively new, month old to be exact and id like some direction
> about Bin services how to retrieve multiple files at once, basically a
> web site that explains it all your replys will be appriecated
> CrSe<>2000

http://www.slyck.com/ng.php
http://www.binaries4all.com/nzb/

Get your own News Server , have more 60000 news groups , no binairies only text , second edition floffy Computer Support 0 09-20-2009 02:15 PM
Can google groups work as a news server so that i can use a newsreader to fetch updated content in the news client?? ashjas Computer Support 4 07-30-2006 05:53 PM
Groups of groups with PIX. AM Cisco 2 01-31-2006 04:37 PM
Windows groups, VPN groups, and SecureACS John Sasso Cisco 0 10-02-2004 03:39 PM

Advertisments