Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > AD installation

AD installation

Michael

Hi,

I am an MCSE wannabe currently aiming for the 70-215.

My problem is this- I am setting up a home lan to practise on.
I have a Win2K server and when I try to install the AD I get a message that
I need to
install DNS first, I enter a DNS like url.net but get an error saying that
the url can not be found.
Not surprising at all since it is ficticous, my question is, how do I get
around this?
I tried to configure the DNS first also but got the same kind of message.

How do I make a dummy url, or configure the DNS, so that the AD installation
will buy it?

Much Obliged for any answers.

Michael

Rowdy Yates