Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Removing I.E links and folders

Removing I.E links and folders

Somehow my Internet Explorer got new folders and links placed into MY
FAVOURITES. I can't delete then because when I right-click with my mouse to
delete then nothing happens? If I click with the left mouse key I go to the
web-site 'Open Search Web'. This same thing happened a few month ago but I
can't remember how I solved it, I'm sure it was something to do with a
lop-virus? I used spybot to remove something called 2LOP but the links and
folders are still showing. Can anyone tell me how to delete these folders
and links, as they are making I.E. unstable? Thanks

pcdoc2010

Have you tried deleting the links from the actual Favorites folder?
I like Spy-Bot too, but you should also run Ad-Aware SE. They both
tend to pick up spyware that the other prg skips.

Dan

On Oct 18, 11:55 am, "<<Scottie>>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Somehow my Internet Explorer got new folders and links placed into MY
> FAVOURITES. I can't delete then because when I right-click with my mouse to
> delete then nothing happens? If I click with the left mouse key I go to the
> web-site 'Open Search Web'. This same thing happened a few month ago but I
> can't remember how I solved it, I'm sure it was something to do with a
> lop-virus? I used spybot to remove something called 2LOP but the links and
> folders are still showing. Can anyone tell me how to delete these folders
> and links, as they are making I.E. unstable? Thanks

"pcdoc2010" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Have you tried deleting the links from the actual Favorites folder?
> I like Spy-Bot too, but you should also run Ad-Aware SE. They both
> tend to pick up spyware that the other prg skips.
>
> Dan
>
> On Oct 18, 11:55 am, "<<Scottie>>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Somehow my Internet Explorer got new folders and links placed into MY
>> FAVOURITES. I can't delete then because when I right-click with my mouse
>> delete then nothing happens? If I click with the left mouse key I go to
>> the
>> web-site 'Open Search Web'. This same thing happened a few month ago but
>> can't remember how I solved it, I'm sure it was something to do with a
>> lop-virus? I used spybot to remove something called 2LOP but the links
>> and
>> folders are still showing. Can anyone tell me how to delete these folders
>> and links, as they are making I.E. unstable? Thanks

Yes I used Ad-Aware SE as-well but nothing seems to help my to delete them.