Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows suddenly dissapear

Windows suddenly dissapear

Hi all. I hope someone can help me figure out a problem I am having.

When playing an online game, any game..say POGO Jungle Gin. That requires a
popup window to come up when you click on the link to the room you want to
go to. After playing the game for about 5-10 minutes, the windows will all
suddenly close and I am left with my desktop.
I then have to go back to the gamesite and re-enter the room and join the
game again.
There is no error messages, no warning, it just dissapears.
Here is my system information in case you need it:
HP Pavilion
Windows XP SP2
IE6
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3800+
2.39GHz, 960 MB of RAM
212GB Free Space
12.2GB Used Space

Not sure what else you need, let me know.
Thanks,
Me

pcdoc2010

what windows close? All of IE or just the game windows?
You might want to try the upgrade to IE 7

~ to be honest, I don't use IE, I use firefox and have little to no
standard IE problems.

Dan

pcdoc2010 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> what windows close? All of IE or just the game windows?
> You might want to try the upgrade to IE 7
>
> ~ to be honest, I don't use IE, I use firefox and have little to no
> standard IE problems.
>
> Dan
>
> On Oct 18, 10:13 am, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi all. I hope someone can help me figure out a problem I am having.
>>
>> When playing an online game, any game..say POGO Jungle Gin. That
>> requires a popup window to come up when you click on the link to the
>> room you want to go to. After playing the game for about 5-10
>> minutes, the windows will all suddenly close and I am left with my
>> desktop.
>> I then have to go back to the gamesite and re-enter the room and
>> join the game again.
>> There is no error messages, no warning, it just dissapears.
>> Here is my system information in case you need it:
>> HP Pavilion
>> Windows XP SP2
>> IE6
>> AMD Athlon 64 Processor
>> 3800+
>> 2.39GHz, 960 MB of RAM
>> 212GB Free Space
>> 12.2GB Used Space
>>
>> Not sure what else you need, let me know.
>> Thanks,
>> Me

All IE windows close. Just out of the blue without warning...
The IE7 upgrade isn't available yet, or...I think it's supposed to be out
today, or so it's rumored. I will keep an eye out for when it does become
available and try it to see if it helps my situation.
Thanks,
Me

joevan

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:28:00 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The IE7 upgrade isn't available yet, or...I think it's supposed to be out
>today, or so it's rumored. I will keep an eye out for when it doe

That is funny, I have been using it for more than a few days now.
Works well.

joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:28:00 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The IE7 upgrade isn't available yet, or...I think it's supposed to
>> be out today, or so it's rumored. I will keep an eye out for when
>> it doe

> That is funny, I have been using it for more than a few days now.
> Works well.

I was told that the "final release" was not available yet. I could have
been told wrong. I usually go to the BBR website and check there. There is
a discussion about that and so far, they have not said anything about the
final release except that it should be out today sometime.
If you have the "final release", where did you download it?
Thanks,
Me

joevan

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:44:02 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:28:00 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> The IE7 upgrade isn't available yet, or...I think it's supposed to
>>> be out today, or so it's rumored. I will keep an eye out for when
>>> it doe

>> That is funny, I have been using it for more than a few days now.
>> Works well.

>I was told that the "final release" was not available yet. I could have
>been told wrong. I usually go to the BBR website and check there. There is
>a discussion about that and so far, they have not said anything about the
>final release except that it should be out today sometime.
>If you have the "final release", where did you download it?
>Thanks,
>Me

Microsoft, where else?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:44:02 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> That is funny, I have been using it for more than a few days now.
>>> Works well.

>> I was told that the "final release" was not available yet. I could
>> have been told wrong. I usually go to the BBR website and check
>> there. There is a discussion about that and so far, they have not
>> said anything about the final release except that it should be out
>> today sometime.
>> If you have the "final release", where did you download it?
>> Thanks,
>> Me
>>

> Microsoft, where else?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

Ok, so you are saying the RC1 is the final release? I did not know this. I
thought RC meant "Release Candidate".

If it was, it would be RTM.

Thanks,
Me

Ponder

Hiya joevan.

In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:

>>If you have the "final release", where did you download it?

> Microsoft, where else?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

The version there is RC1. Do you actually know the difference between a
*release candidate* and an actual *final release* ?

The full release is rumoured to be offered through Windows Updates.

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

joevan

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:17:52 GMT, Ponder <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hiya joevan.
>
>In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:
>
>>>If you have the "final release", where did you download it?

>> Microsoft, where else?
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

> The version there is RC1. Do you actually know the difference between a
>*release candidate* and an actual *final release* ?
>
> The full release is rumoured to be offered through Windows Updates.

Does Microsoft ever have a final release?
Maybe win 98 or win 95. RIP.
This release works fine. No more hangups as in IE 6.

Ponder

Hiya joevan.

In <news:(E-Mail Removed) > you wrote:

>> The version there is RC1. Do you actually know the difference between a
>>*release candidate* and an actual *final release* ?

> Does Microsoft ever have a final release?

That's not the point and you know it.

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952