Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: The ODBC resource DLL is a different version than the ODBC driver manager

Re: The ODBC resource DLL is a different version than the ODBC driver manager

tenkbabe@yahoo.com

beenthere wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > After upgrading from Windows 2000 sp4 to Windows XP Pro sp2 and doing
> > all the critical updates. I'm getting this error message when logging
> > off of Windows:
> >
> > "The ODBC resource DLL (C:\WINNT\system32\odbcint.dll) is a different
> > version than the ODBC driver manager (C:\WINNT\ODBC32.dll). You need to
> > reinstall the ODBC combonents to ensure proper operation."
> >
> > Based on that message, I tried to reinstall MDAC 2.8 from
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en.
> > However, during installation I got this message:
> >
> > "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its
> > features are curretnly part of Windows."
> >
> > I then ran this installation for Microsoft Data Access Components
> > (MDAC) 2.8 SP1
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
> >
> > And got this message:
> > "This setup does not support installing on this operating system"
> >
> > Then tried repairing the installation based on these steps:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899861
> >
> > I ran the component checker and it says "MDAC 2.8 sp1 on Windows XP sp
> > 2."
> >
> > I am still getting the error message when logging off. It doesn't seem
> > to be impacting anything in Windows XP. But the error message is a
> > little annoying. Thanks for any help.
> >
> > tkb
> >

> Let Windows do a file check\repair.
> Go to Start\Run and type in `cmd`.
> In the Command window type `SFC /scannow`(note the space
> after C).
> Insert your winXP CD when asked, and let it do its stuff.
> HTH.

Thanks. I did that. It took about an hour. However, I'm still getting
the same error message when logging off of Windows. Any other ideas?

tkb