Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Does XP Home Editon allow receive fax via standard home phoneline? Move the topic up.

Does XP Home Editon allow receive fax via standard home phoneline? Move the topic up.

CJ

Thanks. I have Conevant SoftK56 Data Fax Modem. I have Win XP Home
Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2. Does it has built in fax software?
If not, other software suggested?

BTW, I have a Brother MFC 3100 Fax, Print 5 in 1 machine, but its
printer broke down 5 times in 3 years. I can still fax out. It cannot
receive fax.

Walter Mautner wrote:
> CJ enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:
> > I am not talking about efax, myfax kind software that require a
> > subscription and give you an online fax number for receiving the
> > faxes.

> tells me you are using XP. XP (Pro at least) has a built-in program to
> send and receive faxes. You can configure it in control panel.
> You did _not_ tell about which modem you have got - a modem is the
> prerequisite for sending and receiving faxes over a POT line.
> --
> vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin patterns
> on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
> incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
> Linux 2.6.17-mm1,Xorg7.1/nvidia [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

Julio Acevedo

Yes, it does has it.....I use it every once in a while to send faxes....it
also receive it too.

"CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Thanks. I have Conevant SoftK56 Data Fax Modem. I have Win XP Home
> Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2. Does it has built in fax software?
> If not, other software suggested?
>
> BTW, I have a Brother MFC 3100 Fax, Print 5 in 1 machine, but its
> printer broke down 5 times in 3 years. I can still fax out. It cannot
> receive fax.
>

> Walter Mautner wrote:
>> CJ enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:
>> > I am not talking about efax, myfax kind software that require a
>> > subscription and give you an online fax number for receiving the
>> > faxes.

>> tells me you are using XP. XP (Pro at least) has a built-in program to
>> send and receive faxes. You can configure it in control panel.
>> You did _not_ tell about which modem you have got - a modem is the
>> prerequisite for sending and receiving faxes over a POT line.
>> --
>> vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin patterns
>> on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
>> incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
>> Linux 2.6.17-mm1,Xorg7.1/nvidia [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

Monica

yes it does. If you don't see it listed under Control Panel/Printers and
Faxes, you might have to use your XP CD to install it via Control Panel/Add
or Remove Programs/Add or Remove Windows Components. Not a lot of extras
like some fax software has but it gets the job done.
Monica