Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: File association problem WMP 11

Re: File association problem WMP 11

The Cross-eyed Barber

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:13:29 +0100, Mike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:27:19 GMT, The Cross-eyed Barber
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Probably a simple solution that I just haven't thought of. I'm using
>>Win XP service pack 2 and windows media player 11. My problem is that
>>on only one of my profiles I cannot get WMP to play WMV, MPG, AVI
>>files by just clicking on the file. I get a window that says Windows
>>cannot open the file and gives me the option of using the web service
>>or choose the program from a list. I select to choose from list and
>>the program it always suggests is WMP. I have clicked the box to
>>"always use the selected program" and it plays correctly, but only
>>that one time. The next time I use the same file I get the same
>>problem. I have used the file association in WMP tools menu and still
>>the same problem.
>>
>>In my other profiles everything works as it should. Any suggestions?
>>
>>Thanks.

>Have you installed Nero recently?

I do have Nero on my system, but it has not interfered with other
profiles on the computer so never thought about it. Suggestion?

--
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.