Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > notepad max file size?

notepad max file size?

richard

Any one know what the max size limit is for a notepad text file?
WordPad craps out about 15,000 kb.

thanatoid

"richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Any one know what the max size limit is for a notepad text
> file? WordPad craps out about 15,000 kb.

I congratulate you for not falling into the "I must have MS
Office to write a 3 page letter" trap. Notepad only handles even
smaller files than WordPad. 40,000 or something, I don't know.

There are hundreds if not thousands of vastly superior notepad
replacements.

I like Notetab Lite, it's free and you will not believe what it
can do.

http://www.notetab.com

But you can Google for "notepad replacement" and find something
you may like more.

There are a few system-wide spell checkers around if you need
one. Google.

thanatoid

thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Notepad only handles
> even smaller files than WordPad. 40,000 or something, I
> don't know.

I meant 4,000, obviously.

want max width and max height as long as not exceed 100px Summercool HTML 9 10-23-2007 02:27 AM
ADSL Max/Max Gordy NZ Computing 6 11-24-2006 11:41 PM
Textarea max rows and max characters per row Greg Ferris Javascript 2 01-16-2004 07:21 PM
Max Apperture and Max. Shutter Speed Confusion-HELP bhaskar Digital Photography 12 07-22-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments