Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Changing Home Page on IE.

Changing Home Page on IE.

Alasdair

I am trying to change the home page on IE6 from the default MSN to the
BBC. I followed the help instructions, went to the BBC homepage and
pressed Tools>Internet Options then found the www.bbc.co.uk then
pressed apply and OK. But, no matter how often I tried, it went back
to MSN.

Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?

BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.

Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

Changstein

Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am trying to change the home page on IE6 from the default MSN to the
> BBC. I followed the help instructions, went to the BBC homepage and
> pressed Tools>Internet Options then found the www.bbc.co.uk then
> pressed apply and OK. But, no matter how often I tried, it went back
> to MSN.
>
> Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?
>
> BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.
>
> Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

You forgot to press the "Use Current" button before "Apply". Try that.

Changstein

Alasdair

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 22:49:02 GMT, Changstein <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You forgot to press the "Use Current" button before "Apply". Try that.
>
>Changstein

No, I've none that.

--
Alasdair.

Alasdair

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:26:01 +0100, Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am trying to change the home page on IE6 from the default MSN to the
>BBC. I followed the help instructions, went to the BBC homepage and
>pressed Tools>Internet Options then found the www.bbc.co.uk then
>pressed apply and OK. But, no matter how often I tried, it went back
>to MSN.
>
>Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?
>
>BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.
>
>Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

I forgot to add that I have two users on my computer, myself and my
partner. My own is OK, it is my partner's which I can't change. How
can I make sure I have full administrator rights for my partner's side
of the business as well as my own. She's quite agreeable to this.

--
Alasdair.

mdp

Alasdair wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:26:01 +0100, Alasdair <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to change the home page on IE6 from the default MSN to
>> the BBC. I followed the help instructions, went to the BBC homepage
>> and pressed Tools>Internet Options then found the www.bbc.co.uk then
>> pressed apply and OK. But, no matter how often I tried, it went back
>> to MSN.
>>
>> Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?
>>
>> BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.
>>
>> Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

> I forgot to add that I have two users on my computer, myself and my
> partner. My own is OK, it is my partner's which I can't change. How
> can I make sure I have full administrator rights for my partner's side
> of the business as well as my own. She's quite agreeable to this.

Do you have Norton Systemworks? It has a feature that prevents changing the
home page.