Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > frozen laptop cursor

frozen laptop cursor

Neil Scott

When I fire up my laptop, and everything loads, the mouse cursor won't move.
It is frozen in the middle of the screen.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Neil Scott

D.Ford

have you tried using a usb mouse to see if it will move?

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:11:38 -0700, "Neil Scott"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I fire up my laptop, and everything loads, the mouse cursor won't move.
>It is frozen in the middle of the screen.
>
>Is there anything I can do to resolve this?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Neil Scott
>(E-Mail Removed)

Neil Scott

I just hooked up a USB mouse and rebooted. Same thing. Cursor is frozen in
on the screen. I have never used a usb mouse before, so perhaps it has to be
installed?

What about starting it in safe mode? The problem is, I can't remember how
to do that!

"D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> have you tried using a usb mouse to see if it will move?
>
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:11:38 -0700, "Neil Scott"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >When I fire up my laptop, and everything loads, the mouse cursor won't

move.
> >It is frozen in the middle of the screen.
> >
> >Is there anything I can do to resolve this?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Neil Scott
> >(E-Mail Removed)

Neil Scott

Well, I remembered how to go into safe mode (F but it still loaded what I
assume is a corrupt driver from the internal mouse pad.

Any suggestions??? HELP!

"Neil Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I just hooked up a USB mouse and rebooted. Same thing. Cursor is frozen

in
> on the screen. I have never used a usb mouse before, so perhaps it has to

be
> installed?
>
> What about starting it in safe mode? The problem is, I can't remember how
> to do that!
>

> "D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > have you tried using a usb mouse to see if it will move?
> >
> > On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:11:38 -0700, "Neil Scott"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >When I fire up my laptop, and everything loads, the mouse cursor won't

> move.
> > >It is frozen in the middle of the screen.
> > >
> > >Is there anything I can do to resolve this?
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >
> > >Neil Scott
> > >(E-Mail Removed)

D.Ford

Unfortuatly its not sounding good. I had a computer with same problem
it was the mobo. Does the key board work???
On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 14:03:46 -0700, "Neil Scott"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well, I remembered how to go into safe mode (F but it still loaded what I
>assume is a corrupt driver from the internal mouse pad.
>
>Any suggestions??? HELP!
>

>"Neil Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> I just hooked up a USB mouse and rebooted. Same thing. Cursor is frozen

>in
>> on the screen. I have never used a usb mouse before, so perhaps it has to

>be
>> installed?
>>
>> What about starting it in safe mode? The problem is, I can't remember how
>> to do that!
>>

>> "D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > have you tried using a usb mouse to see if it will move?

>> move.

Neil Scott

Yes, the keyboard does work!

"D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Unfortuatly its not sounding good. I had a computer with same problem
> it was the mobo. Does the key board work???
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 14:03:46 -0700, "Neil Scott"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Well, I remembered how to go into safe mode (F but it still loaded what

> >assume is a corrupt driver from the internal mouse pad.
> >
> >Any suggestions??? HELP!
> >

> >"Neil Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >> I just hooked up a USB mouse and rebooted. Same thing. Cursor is

frozen
> >in
> >> on the screen. I have never used a usb mouse before, so perhaps it has

> >be
> >> installed?
> >>
> >> What about starting it in safe mode? The problem is, I can't remember

how
> >> to do that!
> >>

> >> "D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

won't
> >> move.

D.Ford

insert you driver disk for the mouse pad and use the key board to
navigate around to reload your mouse pad drivers.

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 15:00:44 -0700, "Neil Scott"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes, the keyboard does work!
>

>"D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> Unfortuatly its not sounding good. I had a computer with same problem
>> it was the mobo. Does the key board work???
>> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 14:03:46 -0700, "Neil Scott"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Well, I remembered how to go into safe mode (F but it still loaded what

>> >assume is a corrupt driver from the internal mouse pad.
>> >
>> >Any suggestions??? HELP!
>> >

>> >"Neil Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news(E-Mail Removed) ...

>frozen
>> >in

>> >be

>how

>won't

Neil Scott

Well, after spending close to two hours online with a tech guy - - - it
seems there is a touch-pad shut off switch between the keyboard the touch
pad that was inadvertently switched off. What a terrible freakin' design!
Anyway, I'm good to go again. Thanks for your help, D. Ford!

Neil

"D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> insert you driver disk for the mouse pad and use the key board to
> navigate around to reload your mouse pad drivers.
>
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 15:00:44 -0700, "Neil Scott"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Yes, the keyboard does work!
> >

> >"D.Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>
> >> Unfortuatly its not sounding good. I had a computer with same problem
> >> it was the mobo. Does the key board work???

what

> >frozen

has

remember
> >how

> >won't

jgomez jgomez is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Scott View Post
When I fire up my laptop, and everything loads, the mouse cursor won't move.
It is frozen in the middle of the screen.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Neil Scott
(E-Mail Removed)
It happen to me and what I did I went to control panel and look for recovery once I was in recovery I hit the open system restore and follow the steps and when the system restore and turn off my lab and on turned on by itself it started working properly.