Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: win xp service pack 2 home edition

Re: win xp service pack 2 home edition

ProfGene

Michael wrote:
> Please can someone tell me where i can download win xp sp 2 home edition.
>
> mike

Its on the Microsoft site but they were planning to stop supporting it
in October so maybe that means you can no longer download it. I sent
away for it on disk which just costs the price of postage.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

ProfGene wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>> Please can someone tell me where i can download win xp sp 2 home
>> edition.

> Its on the Microsoft site but they were planning to stop supporting
> it in October so maybe that means you can no longer download it. I
> sent away for it on disk which just costs the price of postage.

Why would they stop supporting it before Vista is even released? Where
did you get this information?

--
-bts

kiasuteo

from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

news:bq_Vg.37825$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ProfGene wrote:
>
>> Michael wrote:
>>> Please can someone tell me where i can download win xp sp 2 home
>>> edition.

>> Its on the Microsoft site but they were planning to stop supporting
>> it in October so maybe that means you can no longer download it. I
>> sent away for it on disk which just costs the price of postage.

> Why would they stop supporting it before Vista is even released? Where
> did you get this information?
>
> --
> -bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

kiasuteo wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> ProfGene wrote:

>>> Its on the Microsoft site but they were planning to stop supporting
>>> it in October so maybe that means you can no longer download it. I
>>> sent away for it on disk which just costs the price of postage.

>> Why would they stop supporting it before Vista is even released?
>> Where did you get this information?

> from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

They aren't going to stop 'supporting' it, but they might stop offering
it for download. There is a difference.

--
-bts

beenthere

"ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eg9rcr$427$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michael wrote:
>> Please can someone tell me where i can download win xp sp 2 home edition.
>>
>> mike

Saw the SP2 pack for d\load on the MS site, only yesterday.
But you can get it here:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html
You can slipstrem it into WinXP yourself.
HTH.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>kiasuteo wrote:

>>> Why would they stop supporting it before Vista is even released?
>>> Where did you get this information?

>> from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

>They aren't going to stop 'supporting' it, but they might stop offering
>it for download. There is a difference.

I just read support for SP1 will end Oct 10, your pry right, that just
the download of SP1 will be disconntinued.

--
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18259

Jimmy Dean

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 11:19:01 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>kiasuteo wrote:

>>> from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

>>They aren't going to stop 'supporting' it, but they might stop offering
>>it for download. There is a difference.

>I just read support for SP1 will end Oct 10, your pry right, that just
>the download of SP1 will be disconntinued.

SP1 is already "unsupported" in that IE7 and WIndows Defender won't
work on less than SP2.

jd