Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: CMOSS battery questions .... fact or fiction?

Re: CMOSS battery questions .... fact or fiction?

Dustin Cook

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I have had one of my computers up and running since 1999 with no
>>problems whatsoever. My clock keeps accurate time etc... The PC is a
>>DELL Dimension PIII 500Mhz.....
>>
>>I remember reading somewhere that you need to replace the CMOSS battery
>>every 3 to 5 years or else you'll have all kinds of isues. Well, I
>>haven't replaced mine in the over 7 years I've had mine.
>>
>>Is this CMOSS thing just a myth? Or, are some like the Energizer Bunny
>>and just keep going and going.... lol

> Some are solder'd in (AmigA) the biggest concern there is leakage
> after a period of time.

Many older 386/486 some early 586 boards had them soldered...

Haven't seen anything recently tho.

> It's time to change your battery when you lose time or settings, or
> before

Yeps..

--
Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool