Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: text file search to text file output possible?

Re: text file search to text file output possible?

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I'm on a massive database kick and need to know what programs will allow me
> to:
> search a standard text file like in notepad.
> Then transfer that entire line of data into a new text file.
>
> For instance, I have fields which are only seperated by commas, name,
> city,state,zip.
> Each field contains an = and single quotes around the data.
> I need to retrieve the entire line of data and sort it by state.
> Doing it manually with copy and paste will take me several months.
>
> I could do it in BASIC but I would prefer the program to run with windows.
> I know one option might be Liberty Basic.
> If anyone has other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Import it into a relational database, like Filemaker, and you can
perform sort orders in any way afterward.