Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Windopes Just Isn't Worth The Time because It Is Totally Dysfunctional.

Re: Windopes Just Isn't Worth The Time because It Is Totally Dysfunctional.

Leythos

In article <kysVg.30084$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> I'm convinced that no amount of time invested can move Windoze from the
> completely dysfunctional state towards a usable for humans operating
> environment.

You're funny, and must be completely incompetent. Both Fedora Core 4/5
and Windows XP setup without any real effort, both were completely
stable, and my laptop, running XP Prof + SP2 has been stable for more
than the year I've had this one, same for FC4 on it (second drive)....

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Wintr

Leythos wrote:
> In article <kysVg.30084$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I'm convinced that no amount of time invested can move Windoze from the
> > completely dysfunctional state towards a usable for humans operating
> > environment.

> You're funny, and must be completely incompetent. Both Fedora Core 4/5
> and Windows XP setup without any real effort, both were completely
> stable, and my laptop, running XP Prof + SP2 has been stable for more
> than the year I've had this one, same for FC4 on it (second drive)....
>

> --
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove 999 in order to email me

You're right Leythos but I think he is more into bashing windows than
trying to actually make a valid point about anything. Funny thing most
people like the O.P. have to tout "their" O.S. and not see the good &
bad in all O.S.'s. I run the big 2 + Linux, they all have their
shortcomings.

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)net says...
> There isn't "good" in all OSes. Some of them just need to be
> wiped off the face of the planet. Not having the need to compete based
> on merit any more tends to make product quality go to ****.

If the Linux world would get focused on one or two distro's, there would
be a lot more resources invested in making a qality product, one that is
better supported for all hardware, and is better accepted for the
masses. As it is now, we've got 20 different versions all trying to be
the best linux for everyone.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

flatfish+++

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 23:14:08 +0000, Leythos wrote:

> If the Linux world would get focused on one or two distro's, there would
> be a lot more resources invested in making a qality product, one that is
> better supported for all hardware, and is better accepted for the
> masses. As it is now, we've got 20 different versions all trying to be
> the best linux for everyone.

20 different versions?

Try close to 400 different versions of Linux!!!!!!

The Linux zealots like to call it choice.

Most people will call it a clusterfsck.

Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=

Leythos wrote:

< snip >

> No, I'm just not blinded by zealotry. Each group is focused on making
> its distro the best, each group is focused on itself. If all of the
> groups would focus on 1 or 2 distro's, instead of the hundreds, it would
> easily replace Windows in a few years.

Any more bullshit theories?

Leythos

In article <eg876e$flb$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, peter.koehlmann@t-
online.de says...
> Leythos wrote:
>

> < snip >
>
> > No, I'm just not blinded by zealotry. Each group is focused on making
> > its distro the best, each group is focused on itself. If all of the
> > groups would focus on 1 or 2 distro's, instead of the hundreds, it would
> > easily replace Windows in a few years.
> >

> Any more bullshit theories?

LOL, you've never managed development teams or written a large
application suite.

If the top 10 distro teams were to get involved in a single distro,
focus their efforts on a single distro, they would be able to surpass
the all of the quirks, focus on one feel for each type (server,
workstation, home user, enterprise server) and it would be accepted by
many more shops/businesses than it currently is.

Think about resource allocation and effort before you reply.

Oh, and trying to force follow-ups to a different group is just a troll
tactic, as this would not be OT in 23hshs.

--

Leythos wrote:

> In article <eg876e$flb$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, peter.koehlmann@t-
> online.de says...
>> Leythos wrote:
>>

>> < snip >
>>
>> > No, I'm just not blinded by zealotry. Each group is focused on making
>> > its distro the best, each group is focused on itself. If all of the
>> > groups would focus on 1 or 2 distro's, instead of the hundreds, it
>> > would easily replace Windows in a few years.
>> >

>> Any more bullshit theories?

> LOL, you've never managed development teams or written a large
> application suite.

So not knowing what another has done/not done and then blurting this on
usenet is your idea of posting smart?

> If the top 10 distro teams were to get involved in a single distro,
> focus their efforts on a single distro, they would be able to surpass
> the all of the quirks, focus on one feel for each type (server,
> workstation, home user, enterprise server) and it would be accepted by
> many more shops/businesses than it currently is.

See? You are full of it.
Thats not going to happen *ever*
Luckily so. It would be the end of linux

> Think about resource allocation and effort before you reply.

Think about linux not being a single behemoth company and then you would
know why your idea is complete, utter bullshit.

> Oh, and trying to force follow-ups to a different group is just a troll
> tactic, as this would not be OT in 23hshs.

Sue me.
I simply couldn't care less about your trolls-haven
--
Don't steal. Microsoft hates competition.

Leythos

In article <eg883e$flb$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, peter.koehlmann@t-
online.de says...
> Leythos wrote:
>
> > In article <eg876e$flb$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, peter.koehlmann@t-
> > online.de says...
> >> Leythos wrote:
> >>

> >> < snip >

> >> Any more bullshit theories?

> > LOL, you've never managed development teams or written a large
> > application suite.
> >

> So not knowing what another has done/not done and then blurting this on
> usenet is your idea of posting smart?

Yea, it shows that you don't know what you're talking about - because
you don't appear to have any experience outside of a very limited scope.

> > If the top 10 distro teams were to get involved in a single distro,
> > focus their efforts on a single distro, they would be able to surpass
> > the all of the quirks, focus on one feel for each type (server,
> > workstation, home user, enterprise server) and it would be accepted by
> > many more shops/businesses than it currently is.
> >

> See? You are full of it.
> Thats not going to happen *ever*
> Luckily so. It would be the end of linux

Actually, it would be the birth of something great, it would give most
IT Managers a sign that it's no longer just a bunch of different groups
going in their own directions, that the nix community has become
focused, that the application community has become focused....

> > Think about resource allocation and effort before you reply.

> Think about linux not being a single behemoth company and then you would
> know why your idea is complete, utter bullshit.

Think about Linux being only 1 or two groups, where they still operate
the way they do, and you will find that it starts advancing much faster,
that it gains acceptance much faster, that is supports more devices
quicker, etc...

> > Oh, and trying to force follow-ups to a different group is just a troll
> > tactic, as this would not be OT in 23hshs.

> Sue me.
> I simply couldn't care less about your trolls-haven

That's fine, but that's where I read the reply, and changing that is
useless unless you have a reason to hide.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Hadron Quark

Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> In article <eg876e$flb$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, peter.koehlmann@t-
> online.de says...
>> Leythos wrote:
>>

>> < snip >
>>
>> > No, I'm just not blinded by zealotry. Each group is focused on making
>> > its distro the best, each group is focused on itself. If all of the
>> > groups would focus on 1 or 2 distro's, instead of the hundreds, it would
>> > easily replace Windows in a few years.
>> >

>> Any more bullshit theories?

> LOL, you've never managed development teams or written a large
> application suite.

None of them have worked in the real IT business with the exception of
Rex who invented "digital" back in the summer of 69.

> If the top 10 distro teams were to get involved in a single distro,
> focus their efforts on a single distro, they would be able to surpass
> the all of the quirks, focus on one feel for each type (server,
> workstation, home user, enterprise server) and it would be accepted by
> many more shops/businesses than it currently is.

It is so obvious to those of us who have managed big projects. Yet not
to COLA. Hmmm.

> Think about resource allocation and effort before you reply.

Peter only thinks about how best to be rude and obnoxious : although by
now one would have thought it second nature.

> Oh, and trying to force follow-ups to a different group is just a troll
> tactic, as this would not be OT in 23hshs.

--
"And spellchecker won;t help." : Roy Schwestowitz from comp.os.linux.advocacy.
%