Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Do not take any MCSE exams

Do not take any MCSE exams

Terry

All of the exams questions have changed they are
irrelevent to what you will learn in a class room
setting. You are guaranteed to fail. The new questions
are for advanced users who have been doing this for 5
years. So if you are some one who did the 6 month MCSE
classes and used a 2000 server book, You will not
succeed. Most of the scenario's you will not find in a
book but over a 5 to 10 year span as troublshooting
warrants. I repeat do not take the new exams. It is
another scam brought to you by Microsoft and Prometric!

Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\)

In other words--you have to know the material instead of memorizing
braindump questions..
Sounds like someone is bitter!

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:046f01c3b06c$dde64c80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All of the exams questions have changed they are
> irrelevent to what you will learn in a class room
> setting. You are guaranteed to fail. The new questions
> are for advanced users who have been doing this for 5
> years. So if you are some one who did the 6 month MCSE
> classes and used a 2000 server book, You will not
> succeed. Most of the scenario's you will not find in a
> book but over a 5 to 10 year span as troublshooting
> warrants. I repeat do not take the new exams. It is
> another scam brought to you by Microsoft and Prometric!

Consultant

terry, let me let you in on a little secret, stfu

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:046f01c3b06c$dde64c80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All of the exams questions have changed they are
> irrelevent to what you will learn in a class room
> setting. You are guaranteed to fail. The new questions
> are for advanced users who have been doing this for 5
> years. So if you are some one who did the 6 month MCSE
> classes and used a 2000 server book, You will not
> succeed. Most of the scenario's you will not find in a
> book but over a 5 to 10 year span as troublshooting
> warrants. I repeat do not take the new exams. It is
> another scam brought to you by Microsoft and Prometric!

I'm not bitter, I paid 7,000 dollars to do the MCSE
classes, based on the exams questions it would have been
better spent on Cisco. I did these classes to get a job
not take the exams 10 years from now.
If your so good then go take one of the new exams.
The stuff that makes me bitter is that these Microsoft
training centers are not having to be re-certified!
as a result were not getting our money's worth.
What ****es me off is the fact none of the questions were
relevent to the 2000 server book nor the class it was
strickly for advanced users who has been in the field.
Not the ones who spend a year in class studying a
worthless book that has nothing to do with troubleshooting
exam questions, there is only so much you can learn in a
lab environment with a book and this will not be enough!

Ken Briscoe

> terry, let me let you in on a little secret, stfu

Hahhahahahahaha! potd, as far as i'm concerned.

--

KB - MCNGP #26

JaR

news:OJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
> terry, let me let you in on a little secret, stfu

Speak up, man. I don't think he can hear you!

Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\)

I took one of the betas yesterday, one last week, and one the last week of
September. They seemed fair to me.
The SBS exam was a little rough, but only because I am very weak in Exchange
support (and I know it).

If you know the material being covered a little common sense will get you
through some of the tougher questions.Read the questions
CAREFULLY--misunderstanding a single word can trip you up.
If you aren't sure,mark the question for review and keep going--in many
cases a later question will trip your memory and allow you to go back and
answer the one you were stuck on.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04fd01c3b072$b66a3580$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not bitter, I paid 7,000 dollars to do the MCSE
> classes, based on the exams questions it would have been
> better spent on Cisco. I did these classes to get a job
> not take the exams 10 years from now.
> If your so good then go take one of the new exams.
> The stuff that makes me bitter is that these Microsoft
> training centers are not having to be re-certified!
> as a result were not getting our money's worth.
> What ****es me off is the fact none of the questions were
> relevent to the 2000 server book nor the class it was
> strickly for advanced users who has been in the field.
> Not the ones who spend a year in class studying a
> worthless book that has nothing to do with troubleshooting
> exam questions, there is only so much you can learn in a
> lab environment with a book and this will not be enough!

Ken Briscoe

> I'm not bitter,
> The stuff that makes me bitter

You make an interesting point.

Also, you have no idea what the MCSE is all about. It is not for people to
spend a year in class then take the tests. It is for IT professionals who
have experience. Class-time is a good thing, but experience is better. You
should march up to your school and give them an earful and demand some
money back, for misleading you about what the MCSE certification actually
is.

BTW, do you have 7 grand I could borrow?

--

KB - MCNGP #26

Kline Sphere

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooser!

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:20:12 -0800, "Terry"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>All of the exams questions have changed they are
>irrelevent to what you will learn in a class room
>setting. You are guaranteed to fail. The new questions
>are for advanced users who have been doing this for 5
>years. So if you are some one who did the 6 month MCSE
>classes and used a 2000 server book, You will not
>succeed. Most of the scenario's you will not find in a
>book but over a 5 to 10 year span as troublshooting
>warrants. I repeat do not take the new exams. It is
>another scam brought to you by Microsoft and Prometric!

Consultant

oh sorry, SHUT THE **** UP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...