Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Licencing and TS

Licencing and TS

KarlInTheNHS

OK.

Suppose I have a Terminal Server with 1000 clients
connecting to it.

On this I have MS Office installed. Everyone uses this.

I also have Visio installed. Only one department of 20
users requires this.

Now, I can't use Software Settings in a GPO to push this
application just to those 20 users, because this doesn't
work under TS - I've tried it; the Add/Remove programs
applet just tells you it's a no-no.

Suppose I use NTFS file permissions to only allow those 20
people access to the executable. I use other GPO settings
to only let those 20 people see an icon for Visio. A user
not meant to use Visio would have to hack to access it.
Do I now need 20 or 1000 Visio licences?

Herb Martin

> Now, I can't use Software Settings in a GPO to push this
> application just to those 20 users, because this doesn't
> work under TS - I've tried it; the Add/Remove programs
> applet just tells you it's a no-no.

Sure you can -- use permissions.

--
Herb Martin
"KarlInTheNHS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:008d01c3b04f$99fdfc10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK.
>
> Suppose I have a Terminal Server with 1000 clients
> connecting to it.
>
> On this I have MS Office installed. Everyone uses this.
>
> I also have Visio installed. Only one department of 20
> users requires this.
>
> Now, I can't use Software Settings in a GPO to push this
> application just to those 20 users, because this doesn't
> work under TS - I've tried it; the Add/Remove programs
> applet just tells you it's a no-no.
>
> Suppose I use NTFS file permissions to only allow those 20
> people access to the executable. I use other GPO settings
> to only let those 20 people see an icon for Visio. A user
> not meant to use Visio would have to hack to access it.
> Do I now need 20 or 1000 Visio licences?

Brian

"KarlInTheNHS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Do I now need 20 or 1000 Visio licences?

I just went through this with MS the other day. You need a license for each
user who could connect to the machine. Ergo, you need 1000 licenses.

the problem in ur GPO creater n new GPO and like to that
to ur domain

ASP.NET Web Application (Licencing and Copy Protection Methods) Sylvia A. ASP .Net 1 04-10-2007 09:02 PM
PIX licencing question Rob Cisco 3 03-29-2006 09:40 PM
Academic vs Pro Licencing Comet ASP .Net 13 11-18-2003 01:44 PM
Crystal report licencing Bratislav Jevtic ASP .Net 0 11-06-2003 07:43 AM
Re: Licencing Perl apps with Flexlm easylm Perl 1 07-08-2003 12:35 PM

Advertisments