Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Does Nero 7's "BackitUp or Nero Buring ROM" act like Symantec Ghost

Does Nero 7's "BackitUp or Nero Buring ROM" act like Symantec Ghost

MegaC

Hi all,

I just got Nero 7 and it works great! I have a question though. I
just reinstalled a fresh version of Windows XP pro and have everything
set up the way I like it (all patches up to date, all apps installed,
all menus lined up). What I want to do is make a 'ghost' like image of

my hard drive onto a DVD, so in the case of a hard drive crash; I can
simply re-clone a new drive with the old image file.

Can Nero 7 do this? Is this what this 'BackItUp' component of Nero 7
does? Or is this what the "Burning ROM" does?

HELP!

Cheers,
Derek

thanatoid

"MegaC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Hi all,
>
> I just got Nero 7 and it works great! I have a question
> though. I just reinstalled a fresh version of Windows XP
> pro and have everything set up the way I like it (all
> patches up to date, all apps installed, all menus lined
> up). What I want to do is make a 'ghost' like image of
>
> my hard drive onto a DVD, so in the case of a hard drive
> crash; I can simply re-clone a new drive with the old image
> file.
>

> Can Nero 7 do this? Is this what this 'BackItUp' component
> of Nero 7 does? Or is this what the "Burning ROM" does?
>

> HELP!
>

> Cheers,
> Derek

Is it REALLY easier to post a message displaying your ignorance,
cluelessness, lack of consideration for others' time, etc., etc.
than to read the ****ing help files for the program you so
joyously embrace?

FWIW, I believe that's what it's "supposed" to do. How well it
does it is another matter. I use Acronis. I think Nero is total
garbage.

Buring torrents on to dvd's (.avi) Sam Computer Support 2 02-26-2008 03:42 AM
Nero Buring Problem Morris DVD Video 2 07-01-2007 02:10 PM
Can I make this look like a button and act like an a href ? active ASP .Net Web Controls 4 04-03-2007 01:50 PM
BENQ DVD +/- RW DW822A makes problem when buring Oliver Habegger DVD Video 0 07-19-2004 11:27 AM
Buring CD music on a DVD Disc Greg Computer Support 1 12-03-2003 09:14 PM

Advertisments