Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > compaq pc wont boot

compaq pc wont boot

CodyKhaos

i've had this pc for a while now...goin on 3 years, and it works great.
its got 256mb of ram and a 40 gb hard drive and i love it. but recently
it hasnt been booting. i push the power button, the fan comes on, the
cd drive start whirring, but the green power light wont come on. its
running windows xp sp2 home edition, if that helps any. i tried going
to compaq but they gave me some elaborate complicated fix. then i
decided to check the underground. so come on guys, help a guy out.

Ben Myers

Open the case and remove and reseat the memory modules. If this
doesn't help, carefully remove and reseat the processor.

Ben