Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Certified Man!!

Certified Man!!

bob

Hello all. I was wondering : is it a good field to get
into and how long does it take to study for all
requirements of the MCSE. I have my A+ certification.
Another thing , anyone know of a good technique to get a
job at my age(lets say young). I have my Highschool
diploma. I am just wondering on any advice anyone could
give me. Thanks

Jonas Wallin

Hi,

It's hard to say how long it will take for someone to
earn their MCSE certification.
I'd say it's individual.
It all depends on how much practical and hands-on
experience you've got.
Since the MCSE certification includes so many study-areas
it's not usual that you've got hands-on experience in
every area.
It's better to take your time earning the certification
then just trying to achieve it as fast as possible.
If you do that it's easier uppgrading your certification
since you'll remember more, even years after you've
passed the test.

About you work-situation.
Try explorer the ones you know.
See if they have a pal or a cousin or a friend that works
in an IT-related job.
See if they are looking for someone new.
Say that you're prepared to study hard for your cert.
degree and earn your way up to success.

Best of luck!

Jonas Wallin
MCP, MCSA(W2k, W2k3 Server);Messaging, MCSE(W2k, W2k3
Server)
********************************'

chris

I would seriously consider studying something more traditional like going to
college for busines, accounting or sales/marketing, etc....

The thing with tech is that it's never-ending, stressful, and you get no
respect. And do you really want to be on-call ?

Quality of life greatly diminishes because of being on-call and the pay has
fallen dreadfully.

Not to discourage you but that's just my thoughts on the matter, as I am now
in the process of transitioning OUT of technology.

chris

"Jonas Wallin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:251c01c3af6f$3fb0d510$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> It's hard to say how long it will take for someone to
> earn their MCSE certification.
> I'd say it's individual.
> It all depends on how much practical and hands-on
> experience you've got.
> Since the MCSE certification includes so many study-areas
> it's not usual that you've got hands-on experience in
> every area.
> It's better to take your time earning the certification
> then just trying to achieve it as fast as possible.
> If you do that it's easier uppgrading your certification
> since you'll remember more, even years after you've
> passed the test.
>
> About you work-situation.
> Try explorer the ones you know.
> See if they have a pal or a cousin or a friend that works
> in an IT-related job.
> See if they are looking for someone new.
> Say that you're prepared to study hard for your cert.
> degree and earn your way up to success.
>
> Best of luck!
>
> Jonas Wallin
> MCP, MCSA(W2k, W2k3 Server);Messaging, MCSE(W2k, W2k3
> Server)
> ********************************'

Paisleyskye

How long it will take you to get your MCSE, really depends on you. It
depends on how fast you learn, and how much you can absorb. Also, you may
get through it faster if you can get lots of hands-on experience.

As per finding a job - send out your resume to as many places as you can.
Get creative, send one to your local schoolboard (somebody must fix their
computers).
--
Paisleyskye
http://www.icertify.net

"bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03c401c3af64$91de6f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all. I was wondering : is it a good field to get
> into and how long does it take to study for all
> requirements of the MCSE. I have my A+ certification.
> Another thing , anyone know of a good technique to get a
> job at my age(lets say young). I have my Highschool
> diploma. I am just wondering on any advice anyone could
> give me. Thanks

Jeff Rush

I would agree with Chris at least as much to STRONGLY SUGGEST that you get
some schooling behind you. A 4 year degree in Buisness with a minor in CS
will take you far! It sounds like you are young enough to get the loans and
scholarships to get in to a decent school. Maybe not harvard but Uof(your
state) will do nicely.

Also that way you can take advantage of internships to get experience and
your foot in the door. Also a lot of people get placed through the college
placment offices if not direct offers from companies to graduates in the to
X% of their class.

Apply yourself now and you will set the stage for the rest of your life.
Build the strongest base you can and it will serve you well.

Good Luck!!

Jeff

news:(E-Mail Removed)...