Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer hangs/freezes when Printing

Computer hangs/freezes when Printing

Ronald Green

Hi there

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 875DC printer attached to a Sony PCG-GRX416SP
Laptop running Windows XP Professional with all of the latest Service Packs,
etc

My issues is that when I print out a document via Word or Adobe the Laptop
"freezes/hangs" after the first print out and then requires a re-boot to
unlock.

What happens is; if I print out a single document, this is printed then any
other print command causes the Laptop to hang/freeze. Or if I request a
print out of say 10 or more copies then this hangs the Laptop.

I have tried the Printer attached to another Sony Laptop with a similar
configuration and this works fine.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in anticipation

Ron

Mike Easter

Ronald Green wrote:

> My issues is that when I print out a document via Word or Adobe the
> Laptop "freezes/hangs" after the first print out and then requires a
> re-boot to unlock.

> I have tried the Printer attached to another Sony Laptop with a
> similar configuration and this works fine.
>
> Any ideas please?

R&R.

Remove and replace (add) the printer.

--