Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Search By Social Security Number.

Search By Social Security Number.

Patrick D. Rockwell

Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you search
for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
cheap?

I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY that
will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

--
----------------------------------
Patrick D. Rockwell

pcbutts1

1-800-us search http://www.intelius.com

"Patrick D. Rockwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wLZSg.11348$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you search
> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
> cheap?
>
> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
> that
> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> ----------------------------------
> Patrick D. Rockwell

Vanguard

"pcbutts1" wrote in message ...
<posting order corrected>
<spam signature deleted>

> "Patrick D. Rockwell" wrote ...
>> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
>> search
>> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one
>> that's cheap?
>>
>> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of
>> ANY that will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

> 1-800-us search http://www.intelius.com

$49.95 is pretty close to the $54 mentioned by the OP. Also, you
cannot search just by the SSN. You also have to provide the lastname.

http://www.usatrace.com/ is a bit cheaper at $38 but they also require
a lastname.

http://www.findafriend.com/ is $15 but looks to provide only minimal
information.

The OP could just go find one by searching Google, too.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bsearch+%2B"social+security+number"

richard

"Patrick D. Rockwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wLZSg.11348$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you search
> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
> cheap?
>
> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
> that
> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly from
death records.
Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could be
in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a person
is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.

Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

Top

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:04:33 -0500, Vanguard wrote:

> "pcbutts1" wrote in message ...
> <posting order corrected>
> <spam signature deleted>
>>
>> "Patrick D. Rockwell" wrote ...
>>> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
>>> search
>>> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one
>>> that's cheap?
>>>
>>> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of
>>> ANY that will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

>> 1-800-us search http://www.intelius.com

> $49.95 is pretty close to the $54 mentioned by the OP. Also, you
> cannot search just by the SSN. You also have to provide the lastname.
>
> http://www.usatrace.com/ is a bit cheaper at $38 but they also require
> a lastname.
>
> http://www.findafriend.com/ is $15 but looks to provide only minimal
> information.
>
> The OP could just go find one by searching Google, too.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bsearch+%2B"social+security+number"

I wasn't the one that asked for that but thanks, I've wanted to find an
old Army buddy and this may be what I need.

Top

Patrick D. Rockwell

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Patrick D. Rockwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wLZSg.11348$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
>> search
>> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
>> cheap?
>>
>> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
>> that
>> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

> SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly
> from death records.
> Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could be
> in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
> You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a person
> is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.
>
> Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

A friend of mine needs to track down her ex-husband. Thanks be
to those who have and will reply.

--
----------------------------------
Patrick D. Rockwell

Au79

Patrick D. Rockwell wrote:

> "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Patrick D. Rockwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:wLZSg.11348$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>>> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
>>> search
>>> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
>>> cheap?
>>>
>>> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
>>> that
>>> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

>> SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly
>> from death records.
>> Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could
>> be in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
>> You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a
>> person is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.
>>
>> Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

> A friend of mine needs to track down her ex-husband. Thanks be
> to those who have and will reply.

SSN numbers are a very sensitive topic to discuss so freely. Your friend is
better off hiring a private investigator for this task since they are
already knowledgable about procedures.

http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?=

Patrick D. Rockwell posted for all of us...

> A friend of mine needs to track down her ex-husband

Why? To harass him?
--
Tekkie "There's no such thing as a tool I don't need."

lvpi

Patrick D. Rockwell wrote:
> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you search
> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
> cheap?
>
> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY that
> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> ----------------------------------
> Patrick D. Rockwell

www.emailrevealer.com $25 up to $39 No Hit No Fee

Patrick D. Rockwell

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Patrick D. Rockwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wLZSg.11348$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
>> search
>> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
>> cheap?
>>
>> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
>> that
>> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

> SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly
> from death records.
> Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could be
> in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
> You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a person
> is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.
>
> Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

A friend of mine wants to track down her ex-husband and she has only
his Social Security Number. Thanks be to everyone who has replied and
will add further replies.

My appologies if this seems like a duplicate post but when I checked this
newsgroup,
I couldn't see my original reply to you question.

--
Patrick D. Rockwell

Social search engine -beta RoR007 Ruby 0 07-22-2008 09:03 PM
Announcing CoReap - Social Search and Bookmarking Extension 9icj4u613jeqrx8@jetable.org Firefox 3 07-13-2007 04:21 PM
Re: exam and social security .rev [MCT] MCSE 0 01-11-2007 02:20 PM
Site for social photo bookmarking: search similar images, tag, rate and get recommendations Paul.Irving Digital Photography 0 02-17-2006 02:30 AM
RSS is a failure when used for social search and tagging - is there another XML scheme that developers might use? Jake Barnes XML 2 01-03-2006 05:04 AM

Advertisments