Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton Ghost 10.0 Disk-to-Disk cannot boot

Norton Ghost 10.0 Disk-to-Disk cannot boot

ydoubleuz@gmail.com

Hi all,

I bought Ghost 10.0 recently and tried to copy my hard disk(let it be
HDD 1) to another hard disk(HDD 2). HDD 1 is running on windows xp, 40G
and partitioned into 2 drives.

>From what i gathered online, to use the "copy my hard disk" function,

HDD 2 requres to be partitioned. With partition magic, i partitioned
HDD 2 and formatted both drives.

Using Ghost 10.0 i tried copying HDD1 'C' drive (primary) to HDD2
primary drive
After that various options are available:
a)Check source for file sys errors
b)Check destination for file sys errors
c)Set drive active (for booting OS)
d)Ignore bad sectors during copy
e)Copy MBR
I checked (a), (b), (c) and (e)

After copying HDD1 'C', i copied its 'D' (logical) drive
During the wizard, options available are:
a)Check source for file sys errors
b)Check destination for file sys errors
c)Disable SmartSector copying
d)Ignore bad sectors during copy
I checked (a), (b), (c) and proceed copying.

After all these, the files are present and i checked the disk space
used. HDD1 'D' drive size is same as HDD2's; but HDD1's 'C' drive is
few hundred Mbytes smaller.

I removed HDD1 from my laptop and replace with HDD2. What i got is just
a black screen with a blinking "_" and it just stays there.

What could i have possibly done wrong and what could the error be due
to? How can i rectify the problem?

I was thinking if formating HDD2 is a mistake, if so how can i unformat
it??

Tks in advance
ywz