Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Question about score

Question about score

APerson

until today, i had done 7 exams.. but only one has number score, all other six just a indicated pass.. I just did the 70-292, and i have no score again, but i know many ppl has a # score for this exams.. is this just me or is it the testing centre
plz command and advice!

Thank you

More than a year ago Microsoft eliminated exam scores and
went pass/fail. Microsoft has changed this philosophy and
is now returning to scores. This will be a slow process.
Also, some older exams were never changed to pass/fail
(such as the 70-226) and still gives scores.

A couple of weeks ago I took both 291 & 294 and both exams
had scores (passing was a 700).

http://mcpmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=600

Exam Questions and Testing Information
Q. Why did Microsoft change the score report?

A. Based on customer feedback, Microsoft redesigned the
score report to detail the areas in which an MCP candidate
has technical strengths and the areas in which the same
candidate needs improvement.

Q. What does the new score report look like?

A. The report gives you a numerical score and a bar graph
for each skills section of the exam.

Q. What does my score mean?

A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows
ServerT 2003-related exams, Microsoft will provide
numerical scores on exams. By the end of September 2003,
most exams will have the new score report format, which
includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with
customers and testing industry experts to create an exam
scale that would be consistent across all exams. The new
scale requires a minimum passing score of 700 on all
exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary depending
on the complexity of the skills being measured.

Q. What do the bars mean on the new score report?

A. The length of the bars indicates how strong the
examinee performed for each skills section of the exam.
The closer the bar is to the strong end of the continuum,
the higher the score on that skills cluster. The closer
the bar is to the needs development end of the continuum,
the lower the score on that skills cluster. If a bar is
not present, the examinee either answered all questions
incorrectly or did not answer any questions within that
skills cluster. These results will help all examinees
determine areas where they have strengths and where they
need improvement. The skills sections listed on the score
report correspond to those listed in the skills matrix
provided in the Exam Preparation guide.

Q. Where can I find additional information about the
areas where I need to develop my skills?

A. Although MCP exams will now provide feedback about the
areas where examinees need to further develop their
skills, MCP exams are not designed to provide detailed
feedback. Before attempting MCP exams, candidates should
use practice tests from Microsoft Certified Practice Test
Providers (PTPs) as diagnostic tools to identify their
strengths and weaknesses. Learn more about MCP Practice
Tests.

Q. What exams will be affected?

A. Beginning with the release of Windows Server 2003-
related exams, Microsoft will provide numerical scores on
exams. By the end of September 2003, most exams will have
the new score report format, which includes this numerical
score.

Q. How and when will I get my exam results?

A. You will receive notification of your pass or fail
status on the computer where you completed your exam. In
addition, you also will receive a printed examination
Score Report indicating your exam score as well as section
level feedback by skills measured.

Pearson VUE and Thomson Prometric will automatically
forward your test score to Microsoft within five working
days after you take an exam.

If you do not pass a certification exam and want to retake
it, you should review the appropriate exam preparation
guide and continue to practice the necessary skills. When
you are ready, call Pearson VUE or Thomson Prometric to
schedule retaking the exam. Note that you must pay for
each exam you retake. For more information about the
Microsoft policy on retaking exams, see the Frequently
Asked Questions About Exam Security and Integrity page.
Beta exam results: You will be notified by mail of your
beta exam results after the beta period ends. Some beta
exams require additional time for results to be processed.
Call your test registration center for more information.

Q. Why don't Exams 70-292 or 70-296 show a numerical
score?

A. Only pass or fail status can be provided for these
exams because each is a composite of two exams rather than
a single exam.

Q. Why don't I get the new score report when I take Exams
70-220, 70-221, 70-222, 70-225, 70-226, or 70-300?

A. The new score reports for these exams will be
available by the first of the year.

Q. How can I challenge an exam item?

A. If you believe a specific item you encountered on an
MCP exam is invalid, you may request an evaluation of the
item by following the steps described on the Challenging
an MCP Exam Item page.