Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dump Of Phisical Memory???Uhh whats all that about

Dump Of Phisical Memory???Uhh whats all that about

roscopeecoaltrain

What's all this about - I start to watch a movie file and then STOP - BLUE
SCREEN - a lot of bumf and at the bottom - beginning to dump physical memory
to HD -
iv don virus checks and the rest but still dose it

I have a large computer plenty of HD space & memory has never been a problem

any help gladly accepted
cheers
Andy

roscopeecoaltrain

is that the error message or the STOP 00000 - -00000 etc. No
or both
"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:A0DRg.12148$(E-Mail Removed)...
> roscopeecoaltrain wrote:
>> What's all this about - I start to watch a movie file and then STOP -
>> BLUE SCREEN - a lot of bumf and at the bottom - beginning to dump
>> physical memory to HD -
>> iv don virus checks and the rest but still dose it
>>
>> I have a large computer plenty of HD space & memory has never been a
>> problem
>>
>> any help gladly accepted
>> cheers
>> Andy

> Take a note of the "bumf", it will tell you what the fault is.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

then a bit about Add BF9 etc. then base at BF9D4 etc., but its the dll file
I want to sort id say - Is It??
"roscopeecoaltrain" <andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:T_CRg.42819$(E-Mail Removed)...
> is that the error message or the STOP 00000 - -00000 etc. No
> or both
> "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:A0DRg.12148$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> roscopeecoaltrain wrote:
>>> What's all this about - I start to watch a movie file and then STOP -
>>> BLUE SCREEN - a lot of bumf and at the bottom - beginning to dump
>>> physical memory to HD -
>>> iv don virus checks and the rest but still dose it
>>>
>>> I have a large computer plenty of HD space & memory has never been a
>>> problem
>>>
>>> any help gladly accepted
>>> cheers
>>> Andy

>> Take a note of the "bumf", it will tell you what the fault is.

Rich Wilson

"roscopeecoaltrain" <andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:9rDRg.40434$(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll
>
> then a bit about Add BF9 etc. then base at BF9D4 etc., but its the dll
> file I want to sort id say - Is It??

ati2dvag.dll is part of your graphics card drivers. The first thing to do
would be to check for updates on the ATI website.

why?

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:14:29 GMT, "roscopeecoaltrain"
<andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:

>OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

As mentioned in previous posts in 24HSHD, for a BSOD the important bits
are -

MESSAGE 0x00000000 (0x00000000,

i.e. the STOP , and the 1st and 2nd numbers.

You mentioned the DLL file that's also important, often it's not given

>then a bit about Add BF9 etc. then base at BF9D4 etc., but its the dll file
>I want to sort id say - Is It??
>"roscopeecoaltrain" <andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>news:T_CRg.42819$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> is that the error message or the STOP 00000 - -00000 etc. No
>> or both
>> "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:A0DRg.12148$(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

Me

Ron Martell

why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:14:29 GMT, "roscopeecoaltrain"
><andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

>As mentioned in previous posts in 24HSHD, for a BSOD the important bits
>are -
>
>MESSAGE 0x00000000 (0x00000000,
>
>i.e. the STOP , and the 1st and 2nd numbers.

Actually with a STOP error you need the STOP code, all 4 of the
parameters that follow the code, plus any file or module names
mentioned.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

why?

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:41:53 GMT, Ron Martell wrote:

>why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:14:29 GMT, "roscopeecoaltrain"
>><andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>>OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

>>As mentioned in previous posts in 24HSHD, for a BSOD the important bits
>>are -
>>
>>MESSAGE 0x00000000 (0x00000000,
>>
>>i.e. the STOP , and the 1st and 2nd numbers.
>>

>Actually with a STOP error you need the STOP code, all 4 of the
>parameters that follow the code, plus any file or module names
>mentioned.

Never found any matches after the first 2 numbers, if sending it to MS
for a free analysis then all of the stuff matters.

>Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

Me

Ron Martell

why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

>Never found any matches after the first 2 numbers, if sending it to MS
>for a free analysis then all of the stuff matters.

It depends on the specific STOP code. Each STOP code has different
definitions for the parameters.

For example, for a STOP 0x00000050 (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) which
is a fairly common one the 4 parameters are defined as:
1 Memory address referenced
2 0: Read operation
1: Write operation
3 Address that referenced memory (if known)
4 Reserved

which makes #3 the most important for diagnosis and tracing.

On the other hand the definitions for STOP 0x0000000A
(IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) which is also quite common are:
1 Memory referenced
2 IRQL at time of reference
3 0: Read
1: Write
4 Address which referenced memory

which would make #4 the most important value.

Hope this explains the situation.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:08:18 GMT, Ron Martell wrote:

>why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
>

>>Never found any matches after the first 2 numbers, if sending it to MS
>>for a free analysis then all of the stuff matters.
>>

>It depends on the specific STOP code. Each STOP code has different
>definitions for the parameters.
>
>For example, for a STOP 0x00000050 (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) which
>is a fairly common one the 4 parameters are defined as:
>1 Memory address referenced

<snip>

>which would make #4 the most important value.

<big grin>

>Hope this explains the situation.

Thanks a lot.

Me