Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet conection

Internet conection

kevin

This is the problem, normally the computer connects straight away but on
occasion it fail to connect and gives various error reports i.e. Wrong user
name or password, unable to connection remote computer.
Re booting is the only answer and some times this has to be done 5 times
before it will connect.
Hope some one has the answer? Thanks Kevin.

Evan Platt

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:26:12 +0100, "kevin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This is the problem, normally the computer connects straight away but on
>occasion it fail to connect and gives various error reports i.e. Wrong user
>name or password, unable to connection remote computer.
>Re booting is the only answer and some times this has to be done 5 times
>before it will connect.
>Hope some one has the answer? Thanks Kevin.

Dial up?

DSL?

kevin

Sorry DSL
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:26:12 +0100, "kevin"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >This is the problem, normally the computer connects straight away but on
> >occasion it fail to connect and gives various error reports i.e. Wrong

user
> >name or password, unable to connection remote computer.
> >Re booting is the only answer and some times this has to be done 5 times
> >before it will connect.
> >Hope some one has the answer? Thanks Kevin.

> Dial up?
>
> DSL?

Evan Platt

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:56:45 +0100, "kevin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry DSL

Try rebooting the DSL modem instead of the computer. Or, better yet,
when this happens, call your ISP.

kevin

Thanks for that may be A good idear Kevin.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:56:45 +0100, "kevin"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Sorry DSL

> Try rebooting the DSL modem instead of the computer. Or, better yet,
> when this happens, call your ISP.

SJP

"kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4516bfac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is the problem, normally the computer connects straight away but on
> occasion it fail to connect and gives various error reports i.e. Wrong
> user
> name or password, unable to connection remote computer.
> Re booting is the only answer and some times this has to be done 5 times
> before it will connect.
> Hope some one has the answer? Thanks Kevin.

If on DSL how is modem/router connected to PC is it USB or Network card

kevin

Modem connected via USB have tried A different modem. Kevin.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...