Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What you see is not what you get!

What you see is not what you get!

JohnM

My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the image
using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!! What!!! ...
it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have a class
crowding round a laptop!!

philo

"JohnM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ef36l4$n6s$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the

image
> using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!! What!!!

> it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have a class
> crowding round a laptop!!

Ask your students how to do it

Changstein

"JohnM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ef36l4$n6s$1$(E-Mail Removed):

> My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the
> image using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!!
> What!!! ... it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to
> have a class crowding round a laptop!!

How about a 24" (or bigger) flatscreen monitor, hooked up to the PC via a
typical VGA port -- which almost certainly your laptop has built into it.
It will be a bit pricey (it would on this side the pond), but end the fire-
hazard crowding -- and just maybe you can get the school to pay for it as
an AV resource

Changstein

MJP

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:43:39 +0100, JohnM wrote:

> My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the
> image using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!!
> What!!! ... it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have
> a class crowding round a laptop!!

Try turning down the hardware acceleration of the graphics card.

MJP

Ponder

Hiya JohnM.

In <news:ef36l4$n6s$1$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:

> My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the image
> using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!! What!!! ...
> it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have a class
> crowding round a laptop!!

Set the projector as primary display.

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

edgy

"JohnM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ef36l4$n6s$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the
> image using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!!
> What!!! ... it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have
> a class crowding round a laptop!!

Ive had this before...try this:

rightclick on the desktop, properties, advanced, displays, and set the
projector as the main screen by clicking on the top left corner and pressing
apply. now your laptop screen probably will show the black box and your
projector will show the video.