Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > favorites suddenly disappeared

favorites suddenly disappeared

Jean-Pierre Gauthier

Running a 3 month old computer with XP an OE.

On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.The only thing I did was
add a siteL bearbottoms1.com to my favorites yesterday (and visited the
site but did not download a program).

I can't seem to be able to import my favorites using the Import feature
even though I see them in the folder:c/doc..and
settings/myname/favorites.

I was able to add them by using select-copy-paste which i pasted in the
favorites area of th browser.

But what happened to screw things up in the first place?

Thank you,

Jean-Pierre Gauthier

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:

> On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.The only thing I did
> was add a site bearbottoms1.com to my favorites yesterday (and
> visited the site but did not download a program).

Ooh, this is going to excite everyone who has been dealing with Bear
Bottoms in several groups, about him spamming to those groups.

> But what happened to screw things up in the first place?

Sorry, I don't use Internet Explorer. Perhaps you could try a modern
browser? Go get Opera for starters...

http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

--
-bts

Transgendered Parrot

Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
> Running a 3 month old computer with XP an OE.
>
> On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.The only thing I did was
> add a siteL bearbottoms1.com to my favorites yesterday (and visited the
> site but did not download a program).
>
> I can't seem to be able to import my favorites using the Import feature
> even though I see them in the folder:c/doc..and
> settings/myname/favorites.
>
> I was able to add them by using select-copy-paste which i pasted in the
> favorites area of th browser.
>
> But what happened to screw things up in the first place?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jean-Pierre Gauthier

if your like speed!

try this instead of IE http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

Ta!

Gil J

"Jean-Pierre Gauthier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Running a 3 month old computer with XP an OE.
>
> On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.

You could try going to Taskbar and Start Menu Properties and clicking the
start menu tab then click customize and make sure that Display favorites is
checked.
you can either right click in the taskbar or Start-Settings-Taskbar and
Start Menu.
Gil

Brian G

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
>
>> On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.The only thing I did
>> was add a site bearbottoms1.com to my favorites yesterday (and
>> visited the site but did not download a program).

> Ooh, this is going to excite everyone who has been dealing with Bear
> Bottoms in several groups, about him spamming to those groups.
>
>> But what happened to screw things up in the first place?

> Sorry, I don't use Internet Explorer. Perhaps you could try a modern
> browser? Go get Opera for starters...
>
> http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

"Sorry, I don't use Internet Explorer. Perhaps you could try a modern
browser? Go get Opera for starters..."

If you cannot answer the OP's question, why the hell did you give such an
inane answer?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Brian G wrote:

> If you cannot answer the OP's question, why the hell did you give such
> an inane answer?

If you can't answer the OP's question, why did you bother to reply?

Oh ... you must be an Internet Explorer user. Can you visit the Bear's
page and see if yours crashes/loses bookmarks? Do you need a clickable
link?

--
-bts

Jean-Pierre Gauthier

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Brian G wrote:
>
> > If you cannot answer the OP's question, why the hell did you give such
> > an inane answer?

> If you can't answer the OP's question, why did you bother to reply?
>
> Oh ... you must be an Internet Explorer user. Can you visit the Bear's
> page and see if yours crashes/loses bookmarks? Do you need a clickable
> link?
>
> --
> -bts
> -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck.

Would someone please tell me what an OP is? (......poster?

If I am one, i sure would like to know what I am.

"being ignorant is a shame only if one stays that way"

Thank you......

Jean-Pierre

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:

> Would someone please tell me what an OP is? (......poster?

That would be the Original Poster (or the Original Post), e.g. the
poster or message that started the thread. This site can help with
abbreviations like these:

<http://acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=op&Find=find&string=exact>

> If I am one, i sure would like to know what I am.

You are the one...

--
-bts