Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Geforce 6600, is it widescreen?

Geforce 6600, is it widescreen?

Kenny

Club Geforce 6600 on Gigabyte nForce 3/250 m/b.
XP Pro/SP2.
Looking at TFT monitors but how do I know if this card supports widescreen
display?
Have looked in manual on the driver CD, also on Club and nVidia sites but
can't find widescreen.
Also should I buy one with DVI, VGA, or both inputs?
Is there a difference in picture quality?

--
Kenny Cargill

FML

Kenny wrote:
> Club Geforce 6600 on Gigabyte nForce 3/250 m/b.
> XP Pro/SP2.
> Looking at TFT monitors but how do I know if this card supports widescreen
> display?
> Have looked in manual on the driver CD, also on Club and nVidia sites but
> can't find widescreen.
> Also should I buy one with DVI, VGA, or both inputs?
> Is there a difference in picture quality?

Check the resolutions supported by the video card drivers. Look for
widescreen resolution like 1280 x 800 or 1440 x 900 or 1680 x 1050. The
latest nVidia drivers (v91.47) support all these and more.

DVI is typically a better picture than analog.

why?

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:53:59 +0100, Kenny wrote:

>Club Geforce 6600 on Gigabyte nForce 3/250 m/b.
>XP Pro/SP2.
>Looking at TFT monitors but how do I know if this card supports widescreen
>display?
>Have looked in manual on the driver CD, also on Club and nVidia sites but
>can't find widescreen.

Like this?
www.google.com Results 1 - 10 of about 10,200,000 for Geforce 6600.

PerformanceSupercharge your gaming with the power of an NVIDIA GeForce
6600 GPU. The NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GPUs deliver best-in-class performance
and advanced visual ...
www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6600.html - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

Tech Specs
Technical specifications of the GeForce 6 Series of GPUs.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce6_techspecs.html

(wide screen seems to be 1920 and over, another google search)

Advanced Display Functionality
Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and
including 2048x1536 at 85hz

>Also should I buy one with DVI, VGA, or both inputs?

Both, comes in handy.

>Is there a difference in picture quality?

For me there is, Yes.

Me

Kenny

hanks for the replies and links.