Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error message

Error message

ButchKersh

What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded with an
error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.4.32.7
(64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90" I have gotten every time I
open OE. I always ignore it since I have about four different e-mail
accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,

Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
questions

Evan Platt

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:51:26 GMT, "ButchKersh"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded with an
>error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com', Protocol: POP3,
>Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.4.32.7
>(64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
>Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90" I have gotten every time I
>open OE. I always ignore it since I have about four different e-mail
>accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,
>
>Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
>questions

It means OE cannot connect to server mail.msn.com .

Look in your Accounts (Tools, Accounts), find the server that has
mail.msn.com listed as a pop server, and remove that account if you
aren't using it.

Mike Easter

ButchKersh wrote:
> What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded
> with an error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com',

That part means that you are configured in OE to 'include that account
when you are receiving mail or synchronizing'. If you look at OE/
Accounts/ mail tab - select mail.msn.com - click Properties - general
tab - you will see the item checked for including that account when
receiving mail or synchronizing. If you wish [and you should], you can
uncheck it.

> Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server
> 64.4.32.7 (64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90"

That part means that when you try to connect to the port 110 at the
mail.msn.com server to pop anything from there that you don't get a
compliant pop server. The same way /I/ don't get a compliant popserver
when I try to do that:

// Initiating server query ...
Looking up IP address for domain: mail.msn.com
The IP address for the domain is: 64.4.33.7
Connecting to the server on remote port: 110
No response was received from the machine and port at that IP. The
machine may be offline or the connection port may be stealthed.
Query complete. // End IDServe.exe

> I have gotten every time I open OE. I always ignore it since I have
> about four different e-mail accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and
> I have no ther problems,

You are trying to pop from something that doesn't accept transactions on
its port 110. I recommend that you go to the account described above
and uncheck the condition to include that account when receiving mail.
Alternatively you could remove the account with the remove button.

--
Mike Easter

Wayne Nix

ButchKersh wrote:
> What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded with an
> error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com', Protocol: POP3,
> Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.4.32.7
> (64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90" I have gotten every time I
> open OE. I always ignore it since I have about four different e-mail
> accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
> questions

You're probably connected to one isp and trying to send email through
OE on another isp, right? Like, for example, you're connected to the
internet through msn or something but trying to send mail on another
smtp server.

Often, to prevent spammers, isp's won't allow users to send mail
through any smtp server other than their own. They block port 25.
Here's a link about it.
http://www.qksoft.com/qk-smtp-server...ror-10060.html

Wayne

richard

"Wayne Nix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> ButchKersh wrote:
>> What does this error message mean in OE6 SP2 "The server responded with
>> an
>> error. Account: 'mail.msn.com', Server: 'mail.msn.com', Protocol: POP3,
>> Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 64.4.32.7
>> (64.4.32.7:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
>> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90" I have gotten every time I
>> open OE. I always ignore it since I have about four different e-mail
>> accounts at MSN, Excite, Verizon etc. and I have no ther problems,
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any replies, appreciated prior replys to ther
>> questions

> You're probably connected to one isp and trying to send email through
> OE on another isp, right? Like, for example, you're connected to the
> internet through msn or something but trying to send mail on another
> smtp server.
>
> Often, to prevent spammers, isp's won't allow users to send mail
> through any smtp server other than their own. They block port 25.
> Here's a link about it.
> http://www.qksoft.com/qk-smtp-server...ror-10060.html
>
> Wayne

Try the alternative port of 8025.
I've had to do it with a couple of wifi accounts.