Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Iview and Acdsee

Iview and Acdsee

lyndon

I've built up quite an extensive catalogue of photos using Acdsee pro.
I've now bought an external usb hard drive to backup all my photos onto.
Acdsee will not recognise the disk as it hasn't got a volume ID.
So I'm now using Iview media pro as this recognises the drive and also lets
me catalogue my photos using my main pc and also a laptop (something else I
couldn't get Acdseee to do).
Is there any way to import my previous catalogue into Iview rather than have
to start all over again?

TIA

joevan

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:42:33 +0100, "lyndon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I've built up quite an extensive catalogue of photos using Acdsee pro.
>I've now bought an external usb hard drive to backup all my photos onto.
>Acdsee will not recognise the disk as it hasn't got a volume ID.
>So I'm now using Iview media pro as this recognises the drive and also lets
>me catalogue my photos using my main pc and also a laptop (something else I
>couldn't get Acdseee to do).
>Is there any way to import my previous catalogue into Iview rather than have
>to start all over again?
>
>TIA

Irfanview can do anything acdsee can do and more. It will open any graphics
file that you allow it to. Also, it is free.
and for the same reason."