Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > pagefile.sys

pagefile.sys

none@none.com

I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is taking
up too much space where it is.

I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:

Thanks in advance

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
>run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
>either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is taking
>up too much space where it is.

I take it your running an NT system as well, go into your NT OS Right
click "My computer", properties, advanced, performance, Advanced,
change virtual memory - and it's location

>I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:

It's hidden and a system file.

--
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qWf_CIz--88

pjdd@rediffmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
> run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
> either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is taking
> up too much space where it is.
>
> I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:
>
> Thanks in advance

I haven't used 98 for some time. IIRC, right-click My
Computer, then Performance tab -> Virtual Memory.
Choose to specify your own settings for virtual memory.

pjdd@rediffmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
> > run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
> > either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is taking
> > up too much space where it is.
> >
> > I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:
> >
> > Thanks in advance

> I haven't used 98 for some time. IIRC, right-click My
> Computer, then Performance tab -> Virtual Memory.
> Choose to specify your own settings for virtual memory.

Oops. After right-clicking My Computer, click Properties.
THEN click Performance tab.

richard

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
> run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
> either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is taking
> up too much space where it is.
>
> I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:
>
> Thanks in advance

I'd like to know how you get it to be that way.
Windows 98, as I recall, wants to naturally boot up in the C: drive as this
is naturally the first place to look.
Most of the internal settings, specially in the registry, are designed to be
called from the C: drive.
As I also recall, I don't think I could ever get it to load on any drive
other than C:.

John Holmes

richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
>> run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
>> either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is
>> taking up too much space where it is.
>>
>> I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> I'd like to know how you get it to be that way.
> Windows 98, as I recall, wants to naturally boot up in the C: drive as
> this is naturally the first place to look.
> Most of the internal settings, specially in the registry, are designed
> to be called from the C: drive.
> As I also recall, I don't think I could ever get it to load on any
> drive other than C:.

There are several people in this world that I find obnoxious and you are
all of them.

--
Your mother was a diabolic hotel receptionist who ended up in hot-air
balloons.

David Matthew Wood

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
> > run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
> > either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is taking
> > up too much space where it is.
> >
> > I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:
> >
> > Thanks in advance

> I'd like to know how you get it to be that way.
> Windows 98, as I recall, wants to naturally boot up in the C: drive as this
> is naturally the first place to look.
> Most of the internal settings, specially in the registry, are designed to be
> called from the C: drive.
> As I also recall, I don't think I could ever get it to load on any drive
> other than C:.

pagefile.sys has nothing to do with Windows 98. Sounds like you're
running an NT based operating system in addition to 98, such as NT,
2000, or XP.

none@none.com

To all
I apologize for not giving enough infromation. I have my main 80G
HD partitioned in 2 partitions. One(C is is 2G running Win98 and the
other (D is the reramainder of thre disk running XP Pro. I am set up
to choose either C: or D: on startup, with D: being the default.

I woild appreciate any hints to get pagefile.sys off the C: "drive"

Thanks

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:17:25 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have a small (2 gig) partition C: on my HD for programs that only
>run in W98. Somehow pagefile.sys ended up there. How can I
>either delete it or get it transferred to another "disc". It is taking
>up too much space where it is.
>
>I cannot get it to show up on the file list of C:
>
>Thanks in advance

David Matthew Wood

wrote:

> To all
> I apologize for not giving enough infromation. I have my main 80G
> HD partitioned in 2 partitions. One(C is is 2G running Win98 and the
> other (D is the reramainder of thre disk running XP Pro. I am set up
> to choose either C: or D: on startup, with D: being the default.
>
> I woild appreciate any hints to get pagefile.sys off the C: "drive"
>
> Thanks

Thought so, as pagefile.sys is what NT based OSs call it (it's
win386.swp in 95, 98, and ME).
At any rate, go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307886

none@none.com

David