Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win32.Trojan.Downloader

Win32.Trojan.Downloader

penguin676

Greetings;

I scanned my system with Ad-Aware. The "Win32.Trojan.Downloader" first
appeared on the Sept. 1st scan, then again on Sept. 8th, now again on
Sept. 20th.

I really wasn't making the connection that it was still there...I
thought Ad-Aware had been removing it each time I told it to, but now I
see it wasn't.

How do I get rid of this nasty thingamabob? Thanks!

(Win98SE)

Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
-Chris

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) penguin676 <penguin676
@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> How do I get rid of this nasty thingamabob? Thanks!

You might want to look here:

http://www.lavasoftresearch.com/blog/

SE1R123 13.09.2006 is now availiable, new definition file for Ad-Aware SE.

This fixes a False Positive in Win32.Trojan.Downloader.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

penguin676

Penguin676 wrote:
>> How do I get rid of this nasty thingamabob? Thanks!

Bert Hyman replied:
>You might want to look here:
>
>http://www.lavasoftresearch.com/blog/
>
>SE1R123 13.09.2006 is now availiable, new definition file for Ad-Aware SE.
>
>This fixes a False Positive in Win32.Trojan.Downloader.

Greetings;

Thanks, but I already have that update...and the one after it. Here's
the first few lines of the log it produced:

==========Begin Partial Ad-Aware Log==========

Ad-Aware SE Build 1.06r1
Logfile Created on:Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:40:00 AM
Created with Ad-Aware SE Personal, free for private use.
Using definitions file: SE1R124 19.09.2006

References detected during the scan:

MRU List(TAC index:0):13 total references
Tracking Cookie(TAC index:3):38 total references
Win32.Trojan.Downloader(TAC index:10):11 total references

==========End Partial Ad-Aware Log==========

Any other ideas? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again!