Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE flaw bypasses fully patched systems

IE flaw bypasses fully patched systems

Au79

SC Magazine - London,UK

.... This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
vulnerability ...

<http://www.scmagazine.com/uk/news/article/593402/ie-flaw-bypasses-fully-patched-systems/>

http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

Sybil

Au79 wrote:
> SC Magazine - London,UK
>
> ... This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
> vulnerability ...
>
> <http://www.scmagazine.com/uk/news/article/593402/ie-flaw-bypasses-fully-patched-systems/>

"This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE and
(Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of codes," he said.
"This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
vulnerability added to the WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."

....so I should ditch Firefox and it's memory leaks and switch to Opera,
K-Meleon or K-Ninja?

Au79

Sybil wrote:

> Au79 wrote:
>> SC Magazine - London,UK
>>
>> ... This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
>> vulnerability ...

<http://www.scmagazine.com/uk/news/article/593402/ie-flaw-bypasses-fully-patched-systems/>

> "This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE and
> (Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of codes," he said.
> "This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
> vulnerability added to the WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."
>
> ...so I should ditch Firefox and it's memory leaks and switch to Opera,
> K-Meleon or K-Ninja?

Switch to Opera.

http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

elaich

Sybil <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
news:rBnQg.1631$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com:

> "This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE and
> (Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of codes," he said.
> "This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence for this new
> vulnerability added to the WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."

No other article about this exploit even mentions Mozilla. The thought
is not even mentioned on any of the Mozilla - Firefox forums, which are
always very quick to jump on any perceived flaws.

I detect Microsoft shilling. Not uncommon in such articles.

>Switch to Opera.

If and when Opera gets the same kind of user based support and fast
updates, not to mention user friendliness, that Firefox does, I might
consider it. So far, Opera fails my tests with a grade of F. I don't like
clunky, hard to use, user hating software, pure and simple. But, some
people can get used to anything.

thanatoid

Sybil <(E-Mail Removed) >
wrote in news:rBnQg.1631$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com:

> Au79 wrote:
>> SC Magazine - London,UK
>>
>> ... This greatly increases the likelihood of prevalence
>> for this new vulnerability ...
>>
>> <http://www.scmagazine.com/uk/news/ar...3402/ie-flaw-b
>> ypasses-fully-patched-systems/>

> "This attack toolkit contains multiple exploits for both IE
> and (Mozilla) Firefox and is used to launch many types of
> codes," he said. "This greatly increases the likelihood of
> prevalence for this new vulnerability added to the
> WebAttacker toolkit suite of exploits."
>
> ...so I should ditch Firefox and it's memory leaks and
> switch to Opera, K-Meleon or K-Ninja?

Didn't you just say K-Meleon was SO much better than anything
else?

BTW, it's not "and it is memory leaks", but "and its memory
leaks", isn't it?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Opera fails my tests with a grade of F. I don't like
>clunky, hard to use, user hating software, pure and simple. But, some
>people can get used to anything.

I don't like FireFox, I'm so used to Opera. Trying to expand a page in
FF I hit 0 (as in Opera) and nothing happens, it takes a two key
combo CTL/+ that one thing keeps me from using FF.

What I don't like about the latest Opera, is it want's to be your
torrent client and it's pretty hard to disable:
opera:config#BitTorrent|BandwidthRestrictionMode" target="_blank"

--
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sud-IdjIV-o

Tree Air Freshener

> BTW, it's not "and it is memory leaks", but "and its memory
> leaks", isn't it?

Yes teacher, may I have another? My bottom is not red enough!

True though, I am a K-Meleon freak...