Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP network neighborhood window SLOW opening

XP network neighborhood window SLOW opening

JohnF

My network Neighborhood takes forever to find the other comps in the
system every time I try to use it. I put a shortcut to the workgroup
on the desktop to bypass this problem and it works fine but if I go up
directories without thinking I get stuck with the long, drawn-out time
it takes for the Network Neighborhood to find everything again. I know
there is a way to stop XP from doing a complete search and destroy
every time you try to use the Network Neighborhood but can't remember
where to or how to do it.

Any help?

TIA

JohnF