Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any idea what this is ?

Any idea what this is ?

Jack Staff

Zone Alarm has just started advising me that svdes is trying to access the
Trusted Zone, the Application is sdcc.exe and the destination is IP
127.0.0.1 Port 25, a Google search came up with nothing and a virus and
spyware scan was clear, TIA.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jack Staff wrote:

> Zone Alarm has just started advising me that svdes is trying to access the
> Trusted Zone, the Application is sdcc.exe

Do you have MS Visual Studio on your computer? SDCC is the Small Device
C Compiler.

> and the destination is IP 127.0.0.1 Port 25,

...which is your own computer...

> a Google search came up with nothing and a virus and spyware scan was
> clear, TIA.

Google has nothing?

Results 1 - 10 of about 180 for sdcc.exe. (0.28 seconds)

--
-bts

richard

"Jack Staff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:450fb259$0$19650$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Zone Alarm has just started advising me that svdes is trying to access the
> Trusted Zone, the Application is sdcc.exe and the destination is IP
> 127.0.0.1 Port 25, a Google search came up with nothing and a virus and
> spyware scan was clear, TIA.

Port 25 is for email. It might be a program wanting to send a report to
somewhere.

Evan Platt

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:57:58 -0600, "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Port 25 is for email.

Wow you do have a clue.

>It might be a program wanting to send a report to
>somewhere.

Yeah. To 127.0.0.1.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html