Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Disable reset and power buttons?

Disable reset and power buttons?

nickolas80@gmail.com

My 2 year old is infatuated with the buttons on my case. Is there any
way (through software) to disable the power and reset buttons? I know
I could go inside and disconnect the wire going to the mb, but I was
wanting an easier solution, something I could turn on/off in windows
when I need to.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nickolas

DWACON

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My 2 year old is infatuated with the buttons on my case. Is there any
> way (through software) to disable the power and reset buttons? I know
> I could go inside and disconnect the wire going to the mb, but I was
> wanting an easier solution, something I could turn on/off in windows
> when I need to.
> Any ideas?

Glue thumbtacks (pointy side out) to the buttons.

--
Your parents take care of you until you're 21.
The government takes care of you after you're 65.

Evan Platt

On 18 Sep 2006 17:08:25 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>My 2 year old is infatuated with the buttons on my case. Is there any
>way (through software) to disable the power and reset buttons? I know
>I could go inside and disconnect the wire going to the mb, but I was
>wanting an easier solution, something I could turn on/off in windows
>when I need to.
>Any ideas?

Not in Windows. Perhaps in your bios. Possibly you could disable the
reset button, but not the power. You could possibly make it so you
have to hold the power button in for <X> seconds.

chuckieŽ

As a parent with two grown children, aged 25 & 27, I offer the following
suggestion: just say NO! In my years, I have found that they can grasp
that concept at a very young age and are very trainable. I know that
nowadays, parents don't like to impede the child's inquisitiveness, however
there are times, like this, that it does need to be impeded...luck...

x@y

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> My 2 year old is infatuated with the buttons on my case. Is there any
> way (through software) to disable the power and reset buttons? I know
> I could go inside and disconnect the wire going to the mb, but I was
> wanting an easier solution, something I could turn on/off in windows
> when I need to.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Nickolas

I think I saw Computer cases with a door that will lock
the access to the Power switch and reset button.
You have the key.

Or have a rigid plastic cover taped 2"
away from the buttons and You will have to stick Your finger
behind the plastic to turn the Computer on.

Another Option is to pull the Power Cord out from the Computer
when not in use.

Good Luck, x@y