Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Very disillusioned with this NG

Very disillusioned with this NG

Flaxseed Bigwhopper

"JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Don't take it to heart. There is a mixed crowd here, and there will

speaking of st00pid whores..........

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:26:06 -0400, "JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>There are many very knowledgeable people who read and answer the questions.

> Then there's Jana...

Who still doesn't understand that their sig should be at the bottom of
the page.

Rhonda Lea Kirk

Jerry Attic wrote:
> Muse Gruppes <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
> news:l8uPg.1051$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com:
>
>> you know, when I first came to this newsgroup, I had just started
>> discovering USENET. I really enjoyed the information on computer
>> hardware and software help. I even put a post on how nice everybody
>> <SNIP>

> You need to grow a thicker skin. Do you cry and sniffle when someone
> gives you a hard time in RL or do you smack them up side of the head?
> You'll find no sympathy from me, however, especially if you're taken
> to tears from what was said about you on Usenet.
>
> Jerry

Usenet is a very harsh environment. It takes some getting used to even
when one has a thick skin.

But if one can look at it as merely an intellectual exercise--a
war(game) of words, as it were--with a bit of education betwixt and
between, it can be quite a lot more entertaining and challenging that
sitting back and watching TV.

The minute one begins to mistake it for the real world, though, it's
game over.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Happiness limits the amount of suffering one is
willing to inflict on others. Phèdre nó Delaunay

Rth2nd

> So it's ok for you to lash out using profanity just as
> long as others don't do it to you? Sorry ****chops, grow some balls and
> suck it up.

> COOSN-266-06-25794

heh heh..........****chops?......heh heh

gaj

This is an excellent news group. I've had everyone of my questions
answered to full satisfaction.

Flaxseed Bigwhopper wrote:
> Muse Gruppes <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
> news:l8uPg.1051$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com:
>

>>you know, when I first came to this newsgroup, I had just started

> blah blah blah, whine whine whine.
>
> st00pid whore.

Jerry Attic

"Rhonda Lea Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> said in news:eep80g$415$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

> Jerry Attic wrote:
>> Muse Gruppes <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
>> news:l8uPg.1051$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com:
>>
>>> you know, when I first came to this newsgroup, I had just started
>>> discovering USENET. I really enjoyed the information on computer
>>> hardware and software help. I even put a post on how nice everybody
>>> <SNIP>

>> You need to grow a thicker skin. Do you cry and sniffle when someone
>> gives you a hard time in RL or do you smack them up side of the head?
>> You'll find no sympathy from me, however, especially if you're taken
>> to tears from what was said about you on Usenet.
>>
>> Jerry

> Usenet is a very harsh environment. It takes some getting used to even
> when one has a thick skin.
>
> But if one can look at it as merely an intellectual exercise--a
> war(game) of words, as it were--with a bit of education betwixt and
> between, it can be quite a lot more entertaining and challenging that
> sitting back and watching TV.
>
> The minute one begins to mistake it for the real world, though, it's
> game over.

I agree with you 100%. Usenet is nothing but a realm of words and is not
too be taken too seriously. When people take things to RL is when the
trouble starts. Unfortunately, this has occurred far too frequently.

Jerry

Sybil

John Holmes wrote:
> Muse Gruppes "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> you know, when I first came to this newsgroup, I had just started
>> discovering USENET. I really enjoyed the information on computer
>> hardware and software help. I even put a post on how nice everybody was
>> giving their time and advice on comp. matters.
>>
>> But now I realize that this forum is unfortunately partly made up of
>> people making insults, cursing out others, belittling, being mean to
>> others. All I did earlier was make a comment on someone's rude behavior
>> and then I get **** on. Yes I wrote back in an angry manner, but I was

>> bit hurt.
>>
>> I was crying a minute ago because of the way some persons had said

> nasty
>> things to me. I am a good and nice person, all I wanted to do was get
>> computer help. I went along with some of the fun and created different
>> names and occasionally made some humorous remarks (but not mean).
>>
>> It's obvious than some people can not be reasoned with at all. So it
>> that respect I should have just ignored them entirely. And in that
>> respect, that is my fault.
>>
>> My self-esteem is bad enough to have to put up with some people with no
>> heart or soul in here.
>>
>> Does anyone know a moderated help forum I can go to because I am afraid
>> of saying anything in here (except for this post/question).
>>
>> Thanks for all the help and advice that I have gotten in the past.
>>
>> -Me
>>
>> PS Thanks Rhonda for being so nice. I do appreciate it, but I'm not
>> sticking around here I don't think.

> I bet your brain feels as good as new, seeing that you've never used it.

Well, ignorance is bliss! I feel fab!

Sybil

> C'mon...I'll only put in it a little.

TEASE!

Sybil

Flaxseed Bigwhopper wrote:
> Muse Gruppes <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
> news:l8uPg.1051$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com:
>
>> you know, when I first came to this newsgroup, I had just started

> blah blah blah, whine whine whine.
>
> st00pid whore.

No, I'm an emotional whore...

I tend to scream at orgasm too!

Transgendered Parrot

<SNOT>

> I bet your brain feels as good as new, seeing that you've never used it.

Well, John Holmes,

Your cock and your brain are both old and worn out, give them a rest
already!