Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > VPN and ZoneAlarm conflict

VPN and ZoneAlarm conflict

doofus

How do I set my Zone Alarm to not block my VPN virtual private network to my
university account.

When I try to connect to my VPN it hangs if Zone Alarm is up and running. I
have to stop it through the task manager, then shut down Zone Alarm, then
start VPN and connect, and then start Zone Alarm. Then everything is OK.

But after a while it starts to get annoying.

I have tried adding wide ip ranges to the firewall settings which ought to
include my university ip address. These ranges are set as trusted. Still the
same problem persists, although it did seem to work for a short while at
first.

Sorry if that seems rather vague.

Grateful for any help.

If you need more information, let me know.

OS: XP home
VPN: Cisco Systems VPN Client 4.6.00.0045

One more thing. The VPN client has checks all the way across in the Program
Control window, ie it is given full permission.

I don't get any alerts when I try connecting with VPN.