Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP needed with Forte's AGENT newsreader....v3.x very very SLOW!!!!

HELP needed with Forte's AGENT newsreader....v3.x very very SLOW!!!!

Arawak

Forte's AGENT newsreader....v3.x very very SLOW:

I run a version 2.0 and a version 3.1 concurrently and noticed that
2.0 zips right along with binaries while v3.x will take 15mins to 30
mins just downloading a binary part of 32560 Kb.
There must be a setting somewhere which is causing the problem but I
can figure out where to start. Any help/assistance appreciated.
Cheers,
Arawak

Walter Mautner

Arawak enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:

> Forte's AGENT newsreader....v3.x very very SLOW:
>
> I run a version 2.0 and a version 3.1 concurrently and noticed that
> 2.0 zips right along with binaries while v3.x will take 15mins to 30
> mins just downloading a binary part of 32560 Kb.

If you use them concurrently downloading, they must share the same
bandwidth. We don't know yours, and how it will be distributed upon
your client programs isn't really determined.

Arawak

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:10:52 +0200, Walter Mautner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Arawak enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:
>
>> Forte's AGENT newsreader....v3.x very very SLOW:
>>
>> I run a version 2.0 and a version 3.1 concurrently and noticed that
>> 2.0 zips right along with binaries while v3.x will take 15mins to 30
>> mins just downloading a binary part of 32560 Kb.

>If you use them concurrently downloading, they must share the same
>bandwidth. We don't know yours, and how it will be distributed upon
>your client programs isn't really determined.

Not sure what you mean. If I am using them on the same computer,
aren't they using the same bandwith? How do I find out the info you
are asking for?
I have used them at the same time and separately with the result
mentioned.