Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > windows 2003

windows 2003

Malik

hi

i am windows 2000 MCSE, would be int in taking upgrade
exams for winserver2003,
can anyone suggest the books to refer?

Malik.

Raj

Many guys are facing the same issue...we are MCSE Windows
2003 certified and want to upgrade to Windows 2003 , but
what is the upgrade path?

Raj

Consultant

you have taken the shortest path already, haji

"Raj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:052701c3acfa$e123ff20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Many guys are facing the same issue...we are MCSE Windows
> 2003 certified and want to upgrade to Windows 2003 , but
> what is the upgrade path?
>
> Raj

MCSE World

Get the Syngress 70-292 and 70-296 books.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"Malik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03a501c3acd6$77ec9cc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
>
> i am windows 2000 MCSE, would be int in taking upgrade
> exams for winserver2003,
> can anyone suggest the books to refer?
>
> Malik.

Rowdy Yates

Hey ng. So i installed 2003 on a test box today. i was playing around with
it. you really have to look hard to find any differences w/2000.

so is "shadow copy" similar to netware's server cache architecure?

"Malik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:03a501c3acd6$77ec9cc0
$(E-Mail Removed):

> hi
>
> i am windows 2000 MCSE, would be int in taking upgrade
> exams for winserver2003,
> can anyone suggest the books to refer?
>
> Malik.

gtaylor

Actually, there are many differences between 2000 and 2003. Volume
Shadow Copy, Universal group caching, DNS improvments, Application
Directory Partitions, Automated System Recovery, Improved inter-site
replication, ability to rename domains and domain controllers, group
policy enchancments, software restriction policies, and IIS 6, to name
but a few. Now how useful these new features are really varies
according to each environment.

I see how a large corporation would benefit from the improvments in
DNS resolution with additions of stub zones and conditional
forwarding, Active directory and intersite replication improvments,
and universal group caching. A small user shop of 50 PC's with one
domain and one site may not gain much except things like volume shadow
and ASR. Once you start delving into it, you'll see there are many
subtle and not so subtle differences. Again, how much benefit they
are to an organization will vary. I will say that in my line of work,
we are seeing great interest in 2003.