Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Is there any soft in Linux/Unix like sas in windwos?

Flamingo wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm a sas user. At the same time, I'm also a linux user. but there's
> one thing stop me from completely transforming to linux-sas. I'm
> statistical major, many our courses use sas as a tool. but I can not
> find sas in linux. Anyone know if there is some project to transplant
> sas to linux, like the counterpart of S-plus is R. Really hope that one
> day I could remotely use sas in linux like I did in R.

If you like maths there are plenty of stats and other maths programs
in Quantian http://www.livecdlist.com
It also has xmaxima that allows formula to be solved agebraically.
All free and it would suit students very well as its open source
and they can investigate the source code to learn more.