Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Power Problem

Power Problem

Northern3

Good day every one . ive got abit of a problem with my computer , thinking
its to do with the power , what happens is that it has trouble powering on
.., everythink comes on my cooling fans lights etc, but the screen dose not
come on . have 2 keep clicking on the restart button then it comes on or
have to pull the power lead out for a min or 2 ., my power supply burnt out
and my motherboard, but ive replaced all that , but still using the same
processor , i would be very greatful if some one could help .

my computer Hardware :
winfast 6100k8mb motherbored
80 gb sata hard drive maxtor.
dvd/rw
cd drive
on bored graphics
512 ddr400mhz (team)
256 ddr 226mhz ( unknown)
windows xp pro sp2

Oldus Fartus

Northern3 wrote:
> Good day every one . ive got abit of a problem with my computer , thinking
> its to do with the power , what happens is that it has trouble powering on
> ., everythink comes on my cooling fans lights etc, but the screen dose not
> come on . have 2 keep clicking on the restart button then it comes on or
> have to pull the power lead out for a min or 2 ., my power supply burnt out
> and my motherboard, but ive replaced all that , but still using the same
> processor , i would be very greatful if some one could help .
>
> my computer Hardware :
> winfast 6100k8mb motherbored
> 80 gb sata hard drive maxtor.
> dvd/rw
> cd drive
> on bored graphics
> 512 ddr400mhz (team)
> 256 ddr 226mhz ( unknown)
> windows xp pro sp2

The first thing I would do is remove the DDR 226 chip - that motherboard
requires DDR400

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus