Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE 2000 or 2003?

MCSE 2000 or 2003?

BK

Hello, my name is Brian and I am new to this forum!

I am having trouble deciding if I wanted to pursue MCSE for Windows 2000 or
2003. It seems that most businesses and companies still use Windows 2000 so
it would be ideal to get this first and then upgrade to 2003 by taking 2
more exams. HOWEVER, my emphasis will be on Security. I perused through the
Microsoft website and found out that there is no easier way to upgrade the
Security portion for Windows 2003 except to take their whole curriculum for
Security again. So with this said... should I still go with 2000 and then
move up to 2003 with extra extra money forked over? I am not planning to
take any classes but paying for these tests are just love expensive.

Thanks so much in advance for your reply!

Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf

"BK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, my name is Brian and I am new to this forum!
>
> I am having trouble deciding if I wanted to pursue MCSE for Windows

2000 or
> 2003. It seems that most businesses and companies still use Windows

2000 so
> it would be ideal to get this first and then upgrade to 2003 by

taking 2
> more exams. HOWEVER, my emphasis will be on Security. I perused

through the
> Microsoft website and found out that there is no easier way to

upgrade the
> Security portion for Windows 2003 except to take their whole

curriculum for
> Security again. So with this said... should I still go with 2000 and

then
> move up to 2003 with extra extra money forked over? I am not

planning to
> take any classes but paying for these tests are just love expensive.
>
> Thanks so much in advance for your reply!

If you are not currently employed, I would say go 2K3. It will last
longer from now until it is discontinued. And like you said, you will
have to do the security all over again.

If you are employed then go for what is required by your business. Oh,
and get them to pay for training and certification as well. A well
presented business case goes a long way.

Skills.

Jtyc

> I am having trouble deciding if I wanted to pursue MCSE for Windows 2000
or
> 2003.

Get certified in what you know best.

hAeW

It's up to you, really. I take 2k path because I've worked with it so I know
the stuff.
I'll upgrade to 2k3 later next year.