Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Compaq 4000 Bios, What key to enter

Compaq 4000 Bios, What key to enter

Ockerr

Hi Guys
I need to get into the Bios of the Compaq Deckpro 4000
I thought the Key was F10 but it dosnt seem to work.

Has anyone got a Idea on what it is.
Its a pretty Old Machine

Evan Platt

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:24:54 +1200, "Ockerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Guys
>I need to get into the Bios of the Compaq Deckpro 4000
>I thought the Key was F10 but it dosnt seem to work.
>
>Has anyone got a Idea on what it is.
>Its a pretty Old Machine

Does it not say "Press <key> To Enter Bios?"

If not, from
http://www.computing.net/hardware/ww...rum/42068.html
:
http://tinyurl.com/gb94g

Go to the above site pick your computer model and operating system.

Use the software provided by the manufacturer to solve your problem.

A search showed F10 to enter your bios.

Read what the Rompaq does and how to use it.

Fat Ass Fred

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:24:54 +1200, "Ockerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Guys
>I need to get into the Bios of the Compaq Deckpro 4000
>I thought the Key was F10 but it dosnt seem to work.
>
>Has anyone got a Idea on what it is.
>Its a pretty Old Machine

My compaq (5112 I think) is F10, but you have to hit it when the solid
black blinking cursor is flashing in the top right corner.... Before
or after that point is a no-go.... Also, some older compaq's had a
setup partition on their hard drive (usually drive E that contained
all the drivers for the hardware and stuff... If you remove that
partition it won't go into setup until you download the setup files
off the internet and re-partition the drive properly.... I had to do
this with a really old deskpro (166mHz Pentium).... What you should
be able to do if that's the case is to run the setup program and
configure it as is... Not as fancy as having it configured properly,
but...