Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > email problem

email problem

reginald biggs

can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the unable
to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

Miss Claire-Alle

reginald biggs wrote:
> can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the unable
> to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

is it me or does ntworld post a lot of problems with their servers?

Zeep

"Miss Claire-Alle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rrONg.54802$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com...
> reginald biggs wrote:
>> can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the
>> unable to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

> is it me or does ntworld post a lot of problems with their servers?

no , just their punters
;-(

dfrog

"reginald biggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7nONg.8596$(E-Mail Removed)...
> can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the
> unable to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

Reginald,
If you go here >>>>>>>

http://www.ntlworld.com/helpsupport/

and select "How do I set up email" and follow it all the way thro', that
should solve your problem.
It looks as tho' your POP3 server settings (receiving mail) are OK but
something is amiss with your SMTP server settings (sending mail)
HTH
dfrog

Whiskers

On 2006-09-13, reginald biggs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> can receive but not send email from outlook express I just get the unable
> to connect to server message this has been a long standing problem

Check your ISP's 'system status' reports, and also make sure that you have
the correct settings in your email program. If that doesn't answer your
question then contact your ISP's 'help' or 'support'.

--
-- Whiskers