Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > TV Tuner

TV Tuner

Liquid Eyeliner

....the man who sold me this dell said there is a TV tuner videocard,
there is a 'thing' in the back (cable connector) that you can plug a
cable signal directly into the back. He said you could hook an antenna
too. But the disc he gave me where he claims is the software for the TV
tuner is no more than a sound Xear3D Soundsolutions CD from C-Media.

Can anyone suggest a good program to show some TV on this here comp-pu-tar?

I applied my night moisturizer (La Mer) so I am ready for any dry wit
and wisdom that may fly my way...

Gracias

Synapse Syndrome

"Liquid Eyeliner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ht7Ng.27206$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com...
> ...the man who sold me this dell said there is a TV tuner videocard, there
> is a 'thing' in the back (cable connector) that you can plug a cable
> signal directly into the back. He said you could hook an antenna too. But
> the disc he gave me where he claims is the software for the TV tuner is no
> more than a sound Xear3D Soundsolutions CD from C-Media.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good program to show some TV on this here
> comp-pu-tar?
>
> I applied my night moisturizer (La Mer) so I am ready for any dry wit and
> wisdom that may fly my way...

Are you sure you have the drivers installed for the TV-Card? How does it
appear in Device Manager? ChrisTV is a good program that works with most TV
tuner cards.

http://www.chris-tv.com/

ss.

J.S.Fronyio

Synapse Syndrome wrote:
> "Liquid Eyeliner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ht7Ng.27206$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com...
>> ...the man who sold me this dell said there is a TV tuner videocard, there
>> is a 'thing' in the back (cable connector) that you can plug a cable
>> signal directly into the back. He said you could hook an antenna too. But
>> the disc he gave me where he claims is the software for the TV tuner is no
>> more than a sound Xear3D Soundsolutions CD from C-Media.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a good program to show some TV on this here
>> comp-pu-tar?
>>
>> I applied my night moisturizer (La Mer) so I am ready for any dry wit and
>> wisdom that may fly my way...
>>

> Are you sure you have the drivers installed for the TV-Card? How does it
> appear in Device Manager? ChrisTV is a good program that works with most TV
> tuner cards.
>
> http://www.chris-tv.com/
>
> ss.

Look in the "device manager for the name and type of the video capture
care, then look at the manufacture web page for software.

Synapse Syndrome

"J.S.Fronyio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ysQ5h.96$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>> "Liquid Eyeliner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ht7Ng.27206$(E-Mail Removed)-nyc.rr.com...
>>> ...the man who sold me this dell said there is a TV tuner videocard,
>>> there is a 'thing' in the back (cable connector) that you can plug a
>>> cable signal directly into the back. He said you could hook an antenna
>>> too. But the disc he gave me where he claims is the software for the TV
>>> tuner is no more than a sound Xear3D Soundsolutions CD from C-Media.
>>>
>>> Can anyone suggest a good program to show some TV on this here
>>> comp-pu-tar?
>>>
>>> I applied my night moisturizer (La Mer) so I am ready for any dry wit
>>> and wisdom that may fly my way...
>>>

>> Are you sure you have the drivers installed for the TV-Card? How does it
>> appear in Device Manager? ChrisTV is a good program that works with most
>> TV tuner cards.
>>
>> http://www.chris-tv.com/
>>
>> ss.

> Look in the "device manager for the name and type of the video capture
> care, then look at the manufacture web page for software.

I'm sure the OP has solved the problem over the last two months..

ss.