Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OT letter off ISP

OT letter off ISP

Mad Dog

I had an e-mail and a letter off my ISP regarding foul language on a Usenet
group, has anyone had a similar experience. The person I swore at
thoroughly deserved it but would it be wise to tread careful. What is the
worst they could do if I slip up.

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD

John Holmes

Mad Dog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I had an e-mail and a letter off my ISP regarding foul language on a
> Usenet group, has anyone had a similar experience. The person I swore
> at thoroughly deserved it but would it be wise to tread careful. What
> is the worst they could do if I slip up.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are
pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out
of a boot if the instructions weren't written on the heel. You are a
canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be
seen with you.

--
Your mother was an enigmatic blockhead who used to give blowjobs to total
strangers in a small tent in the middle of nowhere.

richard

"Mad Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rSWMg.12355$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had an e-mail and a letter off my ISP regarding foul language on a Usenet
>group, has anyone had a similar experience. The person I swore at
>thoroughly deserved it but would it be wise to tread careful. What is the
>worst they could do if I slip up.
>
> --
> "A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
> months".
>
> MD

Terminate your account.
Was that email addressed to you by your actual name or to your "hotcar" addy
as shown above?
If the latter, consider it an idle threat.
Check your ISP's AUP. If they don't show anything about the use of "foul
language", then call them and ask about it.
Are they the only game in town? If not, consider going to another service.
Also you may want to use a news service that does not post your IP in
headers.
Like this: NNTP-Posting-Host: 82.21.190.89
That number is YOU. Or should I say rather, the IP of the server which
belongs to your ISP.
Newsguy.com does not post IP's and neither does giganews.com.
If you can afford the price, do it.

I like newsguy because they don't get involved in petty quabbles between
users,besides being dirt cheap. Usenet---use it at your own risk.

Mad Dog

John Holmes wrote:
|| Mad Dog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
||| I had an e-mail and a letter off my ISP regarding foul language on a
||| Usenet group, has anyone had a similar experience. The person I
||| swore at thoroughly deserved it but would it be wise to tread
||| careful. What is the worst they could do if I slip up.
|| You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are
|| pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. I'll bet you couldn't pour
|| **** out of a boot if the instructions weren't written on the heel.
|| You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a
|| lawyer than be seen with you.
|| --
|| Your mother was an enigmatic blockhead who used to give blowjobs to
|| total strangers in a small tent in the middle of nowhere.

Don't you know its wrong to swear, especially on a Sunday. I am a Catholic
priest so I should know, lose your anger my son and think of the nice things
you could say.

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD

Rolf Bauer

Mad Dog wrote:
> I am a
> Catholic priest so I should know, lose your anger my son and think of
> the nice things you could say.

No, I will *not* have sex with you, mister.

Meat Plow

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:44:28 +0000, Mad Dog Has Frothed:

> John Holmes wrote:
> || Mad Dog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
> || You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are
> || pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. I'll bet you couldn't pour ****
> || out of a boot if the instructions weren't written on the heel. You are
> || a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than
> || be seen with you.
> || --
> || Your mother was an enigmatic blockhead who used to give blowjobs to
> || total strangers in a small tent in the middle of nowhere.
>
> Don't you know its wrong to swear, especially on a Sunday. I am a
> Catholic priest so I should know, lose your anger my son and think of the
> nice things you could say.

LOL!!

COOSN-266-06-25794

John Holmes

Mad Dog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> John Holmes wrote:
>|| Mad Dog "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>|| You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are
>|| pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. I'll bet you couldn't pour
>|| **** out of a boot if the instructions weren't written on the heel.
>|| You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a
>|| lawyer than be seen with you.
>|| --
>|| Your mother was an enigmatic blockhead who used to give blowjobs to
>|| total strangers in a small tent in the middle of nowhere.
>
> Don't you know its wrong to swear, especially on a Sunday. I am a
> Catholic priest so I should know, lose your anger my son and think of
> the nice things you could say.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid.
Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond
the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are
trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far
that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no
intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on
Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire
galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll.
Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some
primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure
essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond
the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an
epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again
for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant
questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the
rest of this drivel.

--
Your mother was a strabismic broccoli who got stoned every day in disused
warehouses.

Mad Dog

richard wrote:
|| "Mad Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news:rSWMg.12355$(E-Mail Removed)...
||| I had an e-mail and a letter off my ISP regarding foul language on
||| a Usenet group, has anyone had a similar experience. The person I
||| swore at thoroughly deserved it but would it be wise to tread
||| careful. What is the worst they could do if I slip up.
||| --
||| "A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in
||| six months".
||| MD
|| Terminate your account.
|| Was that email addressed to you by your actual name or to your
|| "hotcar" addy as shown above?
|| If the latter, consider it an idle threat.
|| Check your ISP's AUP. If they don't show anything about the use of
|| "foul language", then call them and ask about it.
|| Are they the only game in town? If not, consider going to another
|| service. Also you may want to use a news service that does not post
|| your IP in headers.
|| Like this: NNTP-Posting-Host: 82.21.190.89
|| That number is YOU. Or should I say rather, the IP of the server
|| which belongs to your ISP.
|| Newsguy.com does not post IP's and neither does giganews.com.
|| If you can afford the price, do it.
|| I like newsguy because they don't get involved in petty quabbles
|| between users,besides being dirt cheap. Usenet---use it at your own
|| risk.

Yes they traced it back to me but I will take your advice regarding
Newsguy.com

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD

Leythos

In article <rSWMg.12355$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I had an e-mail and a letter off my ISP regarding foul language on a Usenet
> group, has anyone had a similar experience. The person I swore at
> thoroughly deserved it but would it be wise to tread careful. What is the
> worst they could do if I slip up.

Most ISP's have a policy of how they handle everything - check your ISP
for Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy.

If you keep a copy of every post on record, if you are not guilty, like
when PCBUTTS claimed I was stalking him to my ISP, I furnished them my
posts, they googled his posts, the chap actually started laughing,
stated that he had "seen that clown before" and said they would put a
note in the folder to ignore anything from him from now on

Normally, if you get 4 or 5 valid complaints, a ISP will kick the users
account.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

richard

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rZXMg.948$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <rSWMg.12355$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> I had an e-mail and a letter off my ISP regarding foul language on a
>> Usenet
>> group, has anyone had a similar experience. The person I swore at
>> thoroughly deserved it but would it be wise to tread careful. What is
>> the
>> worst they could do if I slip up.

> Most ISP's have a policy of how they handle everything - check your ISP
> for Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy.
>
> If you keep a copy of every post on record, if you are not guilty, like
> when PCBUTTS claimed I was stalking him to my ISP, I furnished them my
> posts, they googled his posts, the chap actually started laughing,
> stated that he had "seen that clown before" and said they would put a
> note in the folder to ignore anything from him from now on
>
> Normally, if you get 4 or 5 valid complaints, a ISP will kick the users
> account.

Same here. Done the same thing with a certain person and my service had the
same reaction.
Which is why it's a good idea to have a seperate news server account.
I was with one service and to this day nobody has ever figured out who my
ISP actually was.
That was in the days of dialup.
Newsguy could care less about petty name calling quarrels between users and
they don't do a damn thing about it.
But one time I used a fake addy, and one guy went out and registered the
domain name. Newsguy blocked me from posting for most of the day until I
explained to support, that the guy was a crackpot. They put him on the
ignore list.