Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Start/Programs

Start/Programs

Gimpy

Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

Evan Platt

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:52:32 -0400, "Gimpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
>win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
>Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

What is the "Program Tab"?

Start, Programs? Or something else?

thanatoid

"Gimpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:6h2Mg.540$(E-Mail Removed):

> Several programs I have are not listed under the program
> tab. One of them is win-zip, is there a way to get them
> listed over there ? Windows XP Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

Start-settings-taskbar-start menu programs-advanced, choose
where you want the short cut to go, right-click , choose add
shortcut, etc...

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Gimpy wrote:

> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of
> them is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ?
> Windows XP Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

Do you have the setting to hide rarely-used programs turned on?

In Windows 2000, that is in the right-click Taskbar, choose Properties
dialog, and it's called "Use Personalized Menus". Uncheck it.

--
-bts

ProfGene

Gimpy wrote:
> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
> win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
> Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
the start menu.

Gimpy

"ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:edr2aq$51u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gimpy wrote:
>> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them
>> is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP
>> Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

> If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
> listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
> the start menu.

HOW ??

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Gimpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:edr2aq$51u$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Gimpy wrote:
>>> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them
>>> is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP
>>> Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

>> If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
>> listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
>> the start menu.

> HOW ??

RIght Click the START button - Properties - Customize - advanced -
Open programs and drag -n- drop your programs that you want listed as
shortcuts

--
1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

beenthere

"Gimpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ttjMg.656$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:edr2aq$51u$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Gimpy wrote:
>>> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of
>>> them is win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows
>>> XP Home, Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

>> If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
>> listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
>> the start menu.

> HOW ??

Rt\click on Winzip, and in the context menu it says
Pin to Start menu.
But, if you want it on the Main Program menu, you must create
a shortcut icon, and put it in the Start menu\programs folder.

Gimpy

"beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GEjMg.7742$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gimpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ttjMg.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:edr2aq$51u$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> If they were not installed via the Windows registry they will not be
>>> listed in the start menu under programs but with XP you can pin them to
>>> the start menu.

>> HOW ??

> Rt\click on Winzip, and in the context menu it says
> Pin to Start menu.
> But, if you want it on the Main Program menu, you must create
> a shortcut icon, and put it in the Start menu\programs folder.
> Thanks Guys... Gimpy

ProfGene

Gimpy wrote:
> Several programs I have are not listed under the program tab. One of them is
> win-zip, is there a way to get them listed over there ? Windows XP Home,
> Sp-2.. Thanks Gimpy

You can pin them to the start menu using that command in the start menu
by clicking on start then right clicking and us the pin to start menu
commmand.