Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > General question about studying

General question about studying

mcglinchey

Hello all! I've been in IT for 6 years and have been working with w2k
for the past year. I'm going for 70-215 shortly and have been
studying a bunch! (A Test King study guide, Microsoft's Training Kit,
etc.) I've also been looking at alot of cert websites. I was
wondering tho....it seems that "braindumps" are not looked to highly
upon. Is using them cheating?

Thanks,
Laura

Jtyc

> upon. Is using them cheating?

Only if you think getting the answers ahead of time is cheating. It's open
to debate really.

Ken Briscoe

Here's our daily braindump conversation. Thanks, mcglinchey! Really. Thanks.

Gimme an A!
Gimme an S!
Gimme an S!
Gimme an F!
Gimme a U!

nevermind, I don't have the energy for this today.

--

KB - MCNGP #26

Consultant

yes, it's cheating. do the right thing

"mcglinchey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello all! I've been in IT for 6 years and have been working with w2k
> for the past year. I'm going for 70-215 shortly and have been
> studying a bunch! (A Test King study guide, Microsoft's Training Kit,
> etc.) I've also been looking at alot of cert websites. I was
> wondering tho....it seems that "braindumps" are not looked to highly
> upon. Is using them cheating?
>
> Thanks,
> Laura

Politician Spock

"mcglinchey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello all! I've been in IT for 6 years and have been working with w2k
> for the past year. I'm going for 70-215 shortly and have been
> studying a bunch! (A Test King study guide, Microsoft's Training Kit,
> etc.) I've also been looking at alot of cert websites. I was
> wondering tho....it seems that "braindumps" are not looked to highly
> upon. Is using them cheating?
>
> Thanks,
> Laura

If a professor was giving you an exam, would he consider it cheating if you
knew the exact questions from the test ahead of time? There are legitimate
practice exams out there, some that are Microsoft approved. This is no
different than the professor giving you practice questions for his exam. But
to get your hands on the actual exam questions?... Yes, this is cheating.

--
Politician Spock
MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

2003 Star Trek Federation. All rights reserved.

Brat

your copy of Test King is also cheating

"mcglinchey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello all! I've been in IT for 6 years and have been working with w2k
> for the past year. I'm going for 70-215 shortly and have been
> studying a bunch! (A Test King study guide, Microsoft's Training Kit,
> etc.) I've also been looking at alot of cert websites. I was
> wondering tho....it seems that "braindumps" are not looked to highly
> upon. Is using them cheating?
>
> Thanks,
> Laura

Jeff Rush

Guess the question is, do you care? Is passing the exam faster worth your
self-respect? Also you don't retain the cramsession answers.

"mcglinchey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello all! I've been in IT for 6 years and have been working with w2k
> for the past year. I'm going for 70-215 shortly and have been
> studying a bunch! (A Test King study guide, Microsoft's Training Kit,
> etc.) I've also been looking at alot of cert websites. I was
> wondering tho....it seems that "braindumps" are not looked to highly
> upon. Is using them cheating?
>
> Thanks,
> Laura

Davor Dzorlev

Please explain why Test King's tests are cheating?

"Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp0fv7$rtm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> your copy of Test King is also cheating
>
> "mcglinchey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hello all! I've been in IT for 6 years and have been working with w2k
> > for the past year. I'm going for 70-215 shortly and have been
> > studying a bunch! (A Test King study guide, Microsoft's Training Kit,
> > etc.) I've also been looking at alot of cert websites. I was
> > wondering tho....it seems that "braindumps" are not looked to highly
> > upon. Is using them cheating?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Laura

Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\)

Test King uses dumps--actual exams to prepare their guides.
They are not test guides, they are cheat sheets.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
"Davor Dzorlev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please explain why Test King's tests are cheating?
>
> "Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bp0fv7$rtm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > your copy of Test King is also cheating
> >
> > "mcglinchey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > Hello all! I've been in IT for 6 years and have been working with w2k
> > > for the past year. I'm going for 70-215 shortly and have been
> > > studying a bunch! (A Test King study guide, Microsoft's Training Kit,
> > > etc.) I've also been looking at alot of cert websites. I was
> > > wondering tho....it seems that "braindumps" are not looked to highly
> > > upon. Is using them cheating?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Laura

|{evin

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:16:35 +0100, "Davor Dzorlev"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Please explain why Test King's tests are cheating?

Weeeeelll.. it _could_ be because they pdf's that contain the exact
questions and answers to the tests?

But... feel free to use them. Some of us have PDF editing
capabilities. <eg>

Imagine the ass****er's surprise when they memorize EVERY question and
(incorrect) answer and fail the test.